Coffee & Books discussion

Old Challenges > June 2018: Summer School Reading!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Pulling out an oldie BUT a goodie for this month!

For this challenge, pull your thinking caps out, and get together. Share and swap! For this challenge you must pick a route: High School or College, from there pick books from the links (or books from your memory, current reading schedule, etc.) Below, the title of each route will direct you to listopia picks on Goodreads and you may search around there as well for better links if you find any, please share! I also posted a few lists from each below the main title!

The High School Days:

The "Glad My Teacher Made Me Read This Book" List

The "Best Books to Teach in High School" List

The "Books From High School English Courses" List

The College Years:

The "Cambridge University" List

The "College English Major Reading List" List

The "Books I Read At University or College" List

The "University Summer Reading Books" List

message 2: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
I am thinking of going through some high school reads since I feel like I missed some of those necessities!

Going for three (at least)!

1. Jane Eyre
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. a re-read for me but - The Catcher in the Rye

message 3: by Kit (new)

Kit (sortafairytales) i really love this idea! my family lived in oklahoma during my freshman year, & after returning to california the next year & through the remainder of high school i took creative writing as opposed to standard english classes -- i've always suspected these two elements caused me to miss out on some classics. i never read gatsby in school, for instance, though i know it's pretty standard.

Rachel Skye wrote: "I am thinking of going through some high school reads since I feel like I missed some of those necessities!

Going for three (at least)!

1. Jane Eyre
2. [book:Pride and Prejudice|188..."