2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Everyone’s initial suspects were the anarchists, especially when Creighton was found living amongst them. What were your impressions of Katya? Did you suspect her relationship with Creighton would be short term?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I wasn't sure about Katya. If she hadn't lost the baby, I wonder if she would have left Creighton. Perhaps, yes.

I wasn’t sure from the start what Katya was more passionate about...Creighton or their cause. Her leaving confirmed he was more a means to her mission. And, I’m not certain he was all that invested either.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I had the same impression, more or less. It seemed like Creighton was the money source.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I think she had feelings for Creighton, but valued her political values above their relationship. Even if the baby had lived, I don't think she would have stuck around.

My thinking, too.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I also thought that Katya's feelings for the cause were stronger than her love for Creighton. This is played out when she leaves after the loses the baby because she sees his acceptance of his inheritance as a betrayal even though he plans to help the workers.