What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Looking for post-apocalyptic novel with female protagonist set in urban UK Britain

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I started to read this book 6 to 10 years ago. It was a post-apocalyptic novel with a female protagonist who I believe was searching for someone in an urban setting somewhere in the UK. At one point, she comes across a young girl accompanied by an older man in an abandoned building and asked the little girl if she is indeed happy to be with the older man. In another part of the book, she notices the gangs of young adults who use bicycles as their main mode of transportation. In another part, the protagonist is in a car and is approached by a woman begging for food, and as the protagonist rolls up the car window she notices the woman’s fake fingernail snap off of her hand. I seem to recall the apocalyptic setting being due to some sort of virus (which possibly affected the lungs??). I also may be mistaken, but have a feeling that that the title involved a verb such as “running”, “chasing”, “finding”, or “breathing” — but, I could very much be wrong about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Still looking, Katie?