The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Recommendations on stand alones?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Queralt✨ Hi, there!
I'm currently reading the series 'Legend,' and I'm thinking of reading some stand-alones after this.

What are your favorites?
P.S: Don't recommend a Fault in Our Stars, I've read it already! :P

Crimsonqwn I'm not familiar with the Legend series but some great stand alone books to try: The Book Thief; The Art of Racing in the Rain; Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress; Misss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children; The 80-Dollar Champion.

Phoebe Pride and Prejudice, Les Miserable,
SORRY BUT I MUST RECOMMEND A SERIES :D
'The Goddess Test' its amazing!

Alison The Thirteenth Tale
Hyperbole and a Half

message 5: by MacKenzie (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MacKenzie Johnson Divergent!? The series of Divergent is good! Or The hunger Games!! Maze Runner!! I enjoyed all of these books! What authors and genres do you like??

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Crystal wrote: "Divergent!? The series of Divergent is good! Or The hunger Games!! Maze Runner!! I enjoyed all of these books! What authors and genres do you like??"

that is cool. i never read the maze runner yet. but i heard that movie is comming out soon.

message 7: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia :)

Megan The Scorpio Races is a really good stand-alone. Also, A Bite's Tale is a great fast read that puts a paranormal spin on a classic fairytale. It is a stand-alone as well!

Happy reading :)

Eliza John Green has written other stand alone books you may like. I've liked everything I've read by him.

I agree, The Scorpio Races is a good one. A Separate Peace, Catcher in the Rye, Eleanor and Park, The Wednesday Wars... All of these are good ones. What type of book are you looking for?

Dramapuppy A lot of Stephen King books are good if you're into horror. And What Happened to Serenity, The Raft. The Gardener, Game Changer are all great stand-alones. So are the other John Green books. And I agree with Alison: Hyperbole and a Half is AMAZING.

Claire All of Sarah Dessens books are super good and have an effect on ppl. trust me. And they r all stand alones

Jessica Black-eyed Suzie by Susan Shaw is one of my favorite stand alone books:)