Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > Calling All Beta Readers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Jun 03, 2018 03:24PM) (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Hello, everyone. I'm about 10k-15k away from finishing my current draft on a YA fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers to give me feedback! I'll have the draft of the summary that's in my query letter below!

Thanks in advance!

Sixteen-year old Riley Johnson wants nothing more than to get her revenge on the Sorcerers who murdered her mother. After a year of intense planning, she finally has an idea on how she wants to do it, all while taking care of her father, who is still grieving from the loss of his wife.

However, one day, Riley is forced into the village’s volunteer army, and it’s the last thing she wants. Unless she can find a way to get out, she’ll have to throw out the past year’s hard work.

Despite her efforts to get out of the army, Riley begins to find her place, something she swore would never happen. When Riley learns that the Sorcerers’ queen might be targeting her directly, she must reevaluate everything she previously stood for.

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 3 comments Hello,

How long is or approximately will be, the final draft? I may be able to help as long as you are a bit patient with me.

Thanks!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Zero wrote: "Hello,

How long is or approximately will be, the final draft? I may be able to help as long as you are a bit patient with me.

Thanks!"

It should be around 90k. I thought this draft was gonna be 85k, but I am at 83k and I still have a few chapters left.

message 4: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 3 comments Okay, and do you have a deadline? I'm beta reading another book at this moment and while I can do both at the same time, my responses would obviously be a bit slow. Still, I would do my best to help.

Thanks.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Zero wrote: "Okay, and do you have a deadline? I'm beta reading another book at this moment and while I can do both at the same time, my responses would obviously be a bit slow. Still, I would do my best to hel..."

No, I don't. I'm hoping to query after this beta read and my next revision.

message 6: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 3 comments In that case, I would love to beta read your book. Feel free to email me at laser.zero (at) gmail.com

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments I'll be sending it out in about a week!