Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Empire of Ashes (The Draconis Memoria, #3)
This topic is about The Empire of Ashes
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Empire of Ashes [November 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
November 1

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Maybe, if the price is affordable by then.

message 3: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
I wish I could but I won't get to this until December. Let me know if there is anyone else who can read this the following month and I'll join you for a buddy read.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Starting early. Has been a cool ride so far with many more inventions!

Bill | 2150 comments The inventions are great. Think this series is one of the more successful at blending magic and technology.

Choko (chokog) | 7711 comments I loved book 2, and I am half way through this one liking it quite a lot. Up to Ch 26... (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 7711 comments By the way, I like the fusion of Science Fiction, Adventure and Fantasy - it works for this series 😄

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments I've only read the prologue so far, but I'm excited to see how this ends!

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Choko, I love the steampunk/espionage/naval fantasy combo alot.

I think you guys will love this book. It does not disappoint, unlike the Queen of Fire.

message 10: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Silvana wrote: "Choko, I love the steampunk/espionage/naval fantasy combo alot.

I think you guys will love this book. It does not disappoint, unlike the Queen of Fire."

That's great! I'm so excited to start! :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments I read the last two on beautiful hardback, and I only have ebook for this one. Thought it would be a nice break from unwieldy, massive books, but I miss the hardbacks! 😅

message 12: by Ceki (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ceki (ceki91) | 30 comments Am I the only one disappointed with the ending? :/

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments I'm a long way off from the ending! But will get back to you xD

message 14: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Ceki wrote: "Am I the only one disappointed with the ending? :/"

I was kind of split on it. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Ceki (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ceki (ceki91) | 30 comments Bill wrote: "I was kind of split on it."

(view spoiler)

Siobhan wrote: "I'm a long way off from the ending! But will get back to you xD"

Haha ok xD

message 16: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Ceki wrote: "Bill wrote: "I was kind of split on it."

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah I’m not sure why her character was needed.

message 17: by Ceki (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ceki (ceki91) | 30 comments Bill wrote: "Ceki wrote: "Bill wrote: "I was kind of split on it."

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah I’m not sure why her character was needed."

I don't even understand why they (view spoiler)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments On Lewella: (view spoiler)

message 19: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Silvana wrote: "On Lewella: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments I'm in the middle of Chapter 8 (17%) and I'm a little confused (view spoiler)

message 21: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Oh and I find the voice the narrator made to read Tinkerer's parts a little annoying 😅

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I'm in the middle of Chapter 8 (17%) and I'm a little confused [spoilers removed]"

I've just read past that, and I actually have no idea!! I'll have to go back. :/

Up to chapter 12. And I still love Lizanne! She's so fierce! :D

message 23: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments I just finished Chapter 28 and I'm wondering if that might be the scene depictured on the cover :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I just finished Chapter 28 and I'm wondering if that might be the scene depictured on the cover :)"

Ooh I can't remember what chapter I'm up to, but will check if I agree when I'm there!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Huh! I literally just finished Chapter 28 last night too! How spooky! XD
I think I must have a different cover though:

The Empire of Ashes (The Draconis Memoria, #3) by Anthony Ryan

Do you have?

message 26: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Huh! I literally just finished Chapter 28 last night too! How spooky! XD
I think I must have a different cover though:

Do you have?

[bookcover:The Empir..."

I have the second one :)

message 27: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments I hope to finish the book today :) Finally!
Right now I'm somewhere around Chapter 44 and I'm glad that finally things began to come together. To be honest I found the book a little to long at times... Since the first book we waiting for the final fight to happen, and after book 2 already felt a little dragging to me, I was getting a little impatient 😅

message 28: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 45 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Warren (new) - added it

Warren Anyone know when the paperback version of this book will be released in North America?

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Wow Anni, you've made good progress! I'm starting to feel like it's dragging a bit. It is very long.
It's probably more my fault for not having enough time to dedicate to it though.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Warren wrote: "Anyone know when the paperback version of this book will be released in North America?"

Sorry, not sure!

message 32: by Warren (new) - added it

Warren Siobhan wrote: "Warren wrote: "Anyone know when the paperback version of this book will be released in North America?"

Sorry, not sure!"

Author replied back to me on his website - he thinks around June, 2019.