Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Legion of Flame (The Draconis Memoria #2)
This topic is about The Legion of Flame
30 views
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Legion of Flame [Oct 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Oct 1


Terry | 270 comments Just finished the first book this week and I'm in for this one.


Anni | 5048 comments Me too :)


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Me too :)"

Glad you could join! Seems like there is a pretty mixed bag of people who liked the first book, and those who were just so-so with it. I was definitely in the group who liked it a lot. How about you?


Bill | 2150 comments I’m in. I was in the so-so group.


Anni | 5048 comments Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Me too :)"

Glad you could join! Seems like there is a pretty mixed bag of people who liked the first book, and those who were just so-so with it. I was definitely in the group who..."


It took me some time to get into the story but I ended up really liking it. I hope we'll see more of the drakes in this one.


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Me too :)"

Glad you could join! Seems like there is a pretty mixed bag of people who liked the first book, and those who were just so-so with it. I was definitely in..."


I agree!


Terry | 270 comments Bill wrote: "I’m in. I was in the so-so group."

Seems to be a popular feeling.


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments I'm most likely going to be late for this seeing as I'm still reading the first one... 🙈🙈
Where has this month gone?!


message 10: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Should be starting tomorrow


Terry | 270 comments I'll be a couple of days late starting as well.


message 12: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hey Terry, you might be a tad busy for another day or two... :-).


Terry | 270 comments Graeme wrote: "Hey Terry, you might be a tad busy for another day or two... :-)."

Haha, have to finish with the vampires before taking on the dragons!


message 14: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Just started and it took me a while to realize who the characters were in the first chapter. I like that we are going to get to see from behind enemy lines.


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Bill wrote: "Just started and it took me a while to realize who the characters were in the first chapter. I like that we are going to get to see from behind enemy lines."

Ooh I'm intrigued! Will try to make a start tonight.


message 16: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Bill wrote: "Just started and it took me a while to realize who the characters were in the first chapter. I like that we are going to get to see from behind enemy lines."

Yes! First I had no idea who they are but as I realized I was glad we get a new POV :)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Through chapter 3. (view spoiler)


message 18: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I’m completely stalled around 30%. I just don’t have any desire to pick the book back up. Going to switch to something else then try this one again.


message 19: by Terry (last edited Oct 06, 2018 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 270 comments Bill wrote: "I’m completely stalled around 30%. I just don’t have any desire to pick the book back up. Going to switch to something else then try this one again."

Sorry to hear that, Bill. I've only just started and am about 10% in.


message 20: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Terry wrote: "Bill wrote: "I’m completely stalled around 30%. I just don’t have any desire to pick the book back up. Going to switch to something else then try this one again."

Sorry to here that, Bill. I've on..."


It’s not that it was bad I think it’s more of a mood thing. Im definitely going to pick it back up hopefully soon enough that I can still discuss it with you all.


message 21: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Through chapter 3. [spoilers removed]"

Yes, but I'm glad (view spoiler)
Chapter 4 (view spoiler)


message 22: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Also I talked with Siobhan about the Prologue and why it was mentioned. I guess it's clear that she might play a role somehow. Do you think she became mad, because she was somehow possessed by the white drake like silverpin was?


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Through chapter 3. [spoilers removed]"

Yes, but I'm glad [spoilers removed]
Chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"


Agreed! (view spoiler)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Chapter 5. (view spoiler)


message 25: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Also I talked with Siobhan about the Prologue and why it was mentioned. I guess it's clear that she might play a role somehow. Do you think she became mad, because she was somehow possessed by the ..."

That's what I was guessing also. I think you're right that (view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Bill wrote: "Terry wrote: "Bill wrote: "I’m completely stalled around 30%. I just don’t have any desire to pick the book back up. Going to switch to something else then try this one again."

Sorry to here that,..."


That's better at least, and I get it.


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Through chapter 3. [spoilers removed]"

Yes, but I'm glad [spoilers removed]
Chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"


Haha, yes (view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 5. As if ..."

Hilemore is growing on me too. (view spoiler)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 5. As if ..."

Hilemore is growing on me too. I .."


That is not silly at all! (view spoiler) :)


message 31: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 5. As if ..."

Hilemore is growing on me too. I .."

That is not silly at all! [spoilers removed] :)"


I agree! (view spoiler)

Chapter 8 (view spoiler)


message 32: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 7 - 9 I don't have my book with me, to look up which chapter was which POV, so here's everything muddled up:

(view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Siobhan wrote: "Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 5. As if ..."

Hilemore is growing on me too. I .."

That is not silly at all! [spoilers removed] :)"


Ha, glad I'm not the only one!


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 5. As if ..."

Chapter 8 (view spoiler..."


I know, right?! (view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 7 - 9 I don't have my book with me, to look up which chapter was which POV, so here's everything muddled up:

I like..."


I made it to ch10 also. (view spoiler)

I am enjoying this so far. I like the new directions our POV's are taking.


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Terry wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 7 - 9 I don't have my book with me, to look up which chapter was which POV, so here's everything muddled up:

I like..."

I made it to ch10 also. I agree with Lizanne, and..."


I really liked that bit too! (view spoiler)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments I'm through part 1, chapter 16.

(view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments I need to get back to this one. Too many buddy reads!


Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Lizanne's POV is my favorite thing of this book. It could be its own fantasy novel, really. I don't really care about Clay. Hilemore was fine since I have a soft spot for naval officers.

Might join you guys next month for Empire of Ashes so I'm enjoying reading all the spoilers :)


message 40: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I finished a few days back. Lizanne is by far the best. I thought it was good but think the formal tone makes it hard for me to get fully invested in it.


message 41: by Anni (last edited Oct 14, 2018 04:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "I'm through part 1, chapter 16."

Finished part 1 as well and I agree on everything!

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I'm through part 1, chapter 16."

Finished part 1 as well and I agree on everything!

Chapter 16
I..."


Hahaha that's a really good point about Clay in that chapter! I hadn't really thought about it! 😂


message 43: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)


Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 21."

Hahaha, (view spoiler)
We're about the same part. I'm up to chapter 23 now.


message 45: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 21."

Hahaha, [spoiler]
It is so weird isn't it! I'm just baffled, there's a forest but I'm fairly sure they're underground. All ..."


Yes, I'm at the beginning of chapter 24 :)


Terry | 270 comments I'm a ways behind still as I'm just getting back to this, but I am surprised to find out in ch10 that (view spoiler)


Terry | 270 comments Chapter 10 is a Sirus chapter, so (view spoiler)


message 48: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Terry wrote: "I'm a ways behind still as I'm just getting back to this, but I am surprised to find out in ch10 that [spoilers removed]"

Actually I missed that it was called that... Maybe I don't gave this chapter enough attention, but I guess it was just lost in the translation 🤔 (I'm reading the german copy, because I've won it as an ARC, yay! :))
So far I don't see why he use this term, but maybe it will become clear later!

(view spoiler)

I'm wondering how exactly the spoiled evolved anyway. I think somewhere it was mentioned that some of them were the true spoiled, indicated by what they were wearing, but couldn't it have been a normal culture living in the jungle and they were transformed as well? Maybe this is a little like a chicken vs. egg discussion 😂


message 49: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Newspaper thingy II (beginning of part 2) (view spoiler)

Chapter 20 (view spoiler) and Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

'Til chapter 30, so much happened! (view spoiler)


message 50: by Terry (last edited Oct 19, 2018 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 270 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Terry wrote: "I'm a ways behind still as I'm just getting back to this, but I am surprised to find out in ch10 that [spoilers removed]"

Actually I missed that it was called that... Maybe I don't g..."


Nice on getting the ARC! I live in the US, but I ended up ordering the UK versions of the books because the cover art was so much better. I think these books look great with the dragons on the covers. I wonder how much stuff does get lost in the translation? Hopefully not much. It was (view spoiler)

Good questions on where the spoiler originally came from. It may have been mentioned, but I’m hoping we get more information on where they came from also. Why are they transformed in the first place?


« previous 1
back to top