Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Fallen Catalyst & Maven's Queen

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Plot for future reference:
Guy A is an FBI agent. He has been in the profession for about two years now. Those two years have been full of cases, each more complicated than the last, and lots of moving. Since he never really stays in one place long, he doesn't really bother to make new connections, nor does he have the desire to. It would just be another liability in his line of work. Guy A has just been assigned a new case: an investigation of the homicides strung across the city. It seems like it should be a simple enough assignment...that is until he runs into someone from his past, Girl A. The two used to be in a serious relationship, but three years ago girl A dissapeared without a trace, leaving most to believe that she had somehow fallen victim to foul play and met her untimely end. Now the two not only share an apartment building, but live on the same floor- Guy A in a small apartment located conveniently by the stairs, and Girl A only slightly down the hall, in an apartment that she shares with her current boyfriend.
Investigating the murders alone would be challenging enough, but now Guy A is also faced with elements of his past that only work to complicate things....and as his investigation goes on, he may just come to realize that girl A is closer to the current case than he'd like.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Thanks for making the thread. Is there any plot stuff you wanna figure out or should we make characters first?

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments No problem. As far as plot, I wanted to ask if there was any specific idea or whatever that you wanted to work into the main plot line.
Also for character creation what all do you prefer to include? I'm okay with whatever but usually just go with the basics.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments I don’t know what it would be. Is there something that you wanted to add in?

I typically keep my character sheets pretty basic if that’s alright.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments I think the only other major detail I had planned that isn't specifically stated in the plot is that the current boyfriend of Girl A will ultimately be behind the murders but that's also sort of hinted at in the synopsis. Aside from that I don't believe there is anything major I want to work in at this point in time.
Basic character sheets is perfectly fine. I actually prefer them to be simple and save the small detail building to the actual rp.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Okay. That’s good with me.

Alright. ^.^ age range then?

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments okay, great.
I guess age range should be early to mid 20's to make it work best. I'd say between 23 and 26 maybe?

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Okay. I’ll make my character in a little bit then.

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Okay, sounds good. I should have mine up soon.

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Name: Evangeline (Eve) Dunson
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/86/...

If there is anything else you want me to add just let me know.

message 11: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Name: Sean Kenderick
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3c/e7/...

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Nice. Would you like to start us off or would you prefer I to?

message 13: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Could you start please?

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Sure thing.

Eve stood before the dull grey elevator doors, waiting for them to open. She had just gotten off her shift at the coffee shop two blocks away. She was already beginning to plan what she was going to do with the remainder of the day when the elevator doors slid open with a whoosh. She stepped inside and hit the number three button. After a few seconds the doors closed and the elevator started it's slow ascent. In all honesty it would probably take less time if she were to use the stairs, but she really didn't mind, she was in no hurry. She had the apartment to herself for the day as her boyfriend, James, had a series of business meetings to attend. Eve imagined that she would use the free time to catch up on her reading. Maybe she would even order in Chinese food. The elevator finally reached the third floor and jolted to a hault.

message 15: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Sean was just getting back to his apartment from the store. He’d just moved in the day before, here on another FBI assignment. He didn’t mind the moving around or anything since at least he was getting to do some good. He’d gotten all the information from the local police and had set up his apartment as his office too so he could work from there and then go out to investigate whatever more happened. He took the stairs up to the third floor, carrying a few bags of groceries. His door was right by the stairs so he came out into the hallway and to his apartment door. He dug for his keys, unlocking the door once he found them.

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Eve began digging through her bag to find the apartment key as the elevator doors slid open. She stepped out into the hall, still looking as she headed in the direction of her apartment. She finally found her key and pulled it out as she neared the correct door. It was the apartment second from the left side of the elevator, convenient for elevator usage, but sort of unfortunate in terms of neighbors. Although the apartment was very nice she sometimes found herself wishing that she lived somewhere else. For the most part this complex was home to older individuals who were well set in their ways and preferred to keep to themselves. Although she would prefer apartment neighbors that were more friendly she figured that this option was better than some alternatives.

message 17: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Sean glanced over when he heard the elevator ding. He didn't know anyone in the complex but tried to at least see who they were just in case something happened or to help him know the difference from someone who was supposed to be there and someone who wasn't. Sean glanced over the girl who stepped out, thinking she looked slightly familiar. He shook his head at the thought, There's no way it's Eve. She's dead.. He told himself, having convinced himself that she was probably dead. It was easier than thinking she'd run off on him.

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments ((Sorry for the super delayed post, I've been busy working on a very important application.))

Eve reached the right door, nearly tripping over a box that was sat on the floor next to it in the process. She quickly regained her balance and guided her key into the lock. She already knew the box would be addressed to James, probably more things for his work. She unlocked the door and pushed it open. She set her bag down inside the door and then turned back to bring the box that she had almost tripped over inside. 

message 19: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments ((It’s alright. I hope your application goes over well and gets accepted for you. :)

Sean bit his lip. He headed inside his apartment and set the bags down on the counter before heading out of his apartment again. He couldn’t help it. The girl looked way too familiar so he just wanted to check and see if it was Eve or some stranger that he just wished was her. He tucked his Keys in his pocket and shut the apartment door behind him before walking down the hall to the girl and her unit. He bit his bottom lip nervously. “Eve?” He asked cautiously.

message 20: by Lynn (last edited Jun 15, 2018 05:43PM) (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Eve had just lifted the box off the floor when she heard someone come up behind her and say her name. She started to turn around to face the person, expecting it to be a fellow resident that needed help or something."Yeah, how can I he-" she stopped mid sentence once she had turned as her line of sight fell onto an all too familiar face. She felt her pulse spike, like how it would when she watched a jump scare in a horror movie. For a few horribly slow feeling moments all she could hear and feel was the pounding of her own heart. She almost felt frozen.You were never meant to find me. "...Sean." Eve lost her grip on the box she was holding, gravity sending it crashing down. The sound of something glass breaking as it collided with the floor broke her out of her miniature state of shock. "Oops."

message 21: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Sean bit his bottom lip and watched her as she turned to face him. It was her, it had to be. She looked a little different, a little older, but it was still Eve. His mind reeled. After spending so long convincing himself that she was dead and burying himself in his work, he never expected to see her again. His rushed thoughts stopped when he heard the glass break. "Shit.. Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you.. I just.. I saw you and I wasn't sure and I just had to know..." He sputtered out quickly. Sean was rarely like this anymore. He wasn't one to wear his heart or emotions on his sleeve but Eve took all that away, making him nervous again. He moved to help her pick up the box but stopped short, unsure if she'd want his help. After all, she'd disappeared on him and made him think she was dead so perhaps she didn't want him anywhere near her.

message 22: by Lynn (last edited Jun 15, 2018 05:42PM) (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments "..no..no it's fine." Eve quickly answered. She didn't even register his prematurely cut off intention to help until she was already sliding the box back through the still open doorway behind her with her foot. She bit the inside of her bottom lip momentarily to suppress a grimace, the last thing she wanted to do was come off as icy. "It wasn't your falt" Any of it. She shut the apartment door once the box was inside. "Besides it probably wasn't anything important anyway." She took a breath and forced herself to look back to Sean rather than at the floor, or wall, or the large potted plant a few doors down as she had been cycling her line of sight through since she had first dropped the box. She managed a small smile despite the internal war that she was fighting to keep an avalanche of her own thoughts from crushing her at the moment. "So, uh, what exactly brought you here of all places?" She asked in attempt to shift attention off of herself.

message 23: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Sean nodded and stepped back to lean against the opposite wall, putting a bit of distance between them. He watched her as she put the box away and then turned her attention back to him. “Work..” He said simply, shrugging. “What about you? What happened to you?” He asked, just wanting to know and get this resolved in his mind. He wanted to know why she disappeared on him and where she went so then he could just sort of let it go. Let her live her life and he could go live his. He wouldn’t try and get back into her life, no matter how much he wanted to be, unless that was what Eve wanted. He pushed his hair out of his face out of habit and watched her.

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments There it was, the question that Eve had hoped never to have to offer an explanation to. For a split second she thought about faking getting a phone call to push off the inevitable, but she realized that that would just be rediculous. Just get it over with. You don't have to tell him everything. Finish the job you started when you left. She breathed a sigh. "....A sort of existential crisis." She shifted her line of sight back to the plant down the hall for just a moment, calculating what to say next. Make him cleanly sever any possible remaining ties. Refabricate the truth. Give him just enough to let him be bitter if he wishes. Don't complicate this. She glanced back to Sean "I was younger and more impulsive and bored with my old life; with the same buildings and people and things that I had been around since childhood.... so I decided that I needed a bit of a scenery change. I took what money I had and traveled as far as it allowed me to and started over." She was surprised at how easily she was able to craft such an explanation that only revolved around a hint of truth. "That's how I ended up here...well in this city anyway." Place the final nail into the coffin. She shifted her focus to the window overlooking the street below for a couple seconds before finishing. "I wound up here, in this building, about six months ago when I moved in with my boyfriend to cut down on expenses..." That should do it.

message 25: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Sean waited quietly for her explanation, noticing her odd behavior and how it seemed like she was fabricating some story. He wanted to call her out on it but stopped himself, not wanting to end up revealing what he did for a job. "So you just up and disappear on me, on everyone? The police back home still have a missing person's report out on you.. We all spent months trying to find you Eve.." Sean told her quietly, watching her. "That doesn't sound like you Eve but whatever. I guess you don't owe me the truth though.." He shrugged at her. He didn't care that she had some new boyfriend now, that wasn't his business. He just wanted the truth on what happened to her.

message 26: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2526 comments Eve stayed silent a long moment, her arms now crossed loosely infront of her. She suddenly remembered reading something once that suggested standing with your arms crossed could be observed as defensive body language and figured it was only hindering her case. She let her arms drop back to her sides. She finally took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "....I guess it really doesn't matter if you believe the details of my story or not. What it boils down to, no matter if you believe me or not, is that I wasn't in my right mind when I dissapeared....if I was I would have never left to begin with." At least that part was the truth. She finally looked back to Sean instead of at the window or plant. "Even at that, I know there are things I should of handled differently, most all of it actually...but I can't change that now, no matter how much I may wish I could..." More truth. Almost too much collectively. "It probably doesn't mean much, but I'm sorry."