YA LGBT Books discussion

Pride Reads - name fav YA LGBTQ > 4 - Can you pick a favorite YA LGBTQ story?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments 4 - Can you pick a favorite YA LGBTQ story? If you could only take one book on a long trip which one would it be? (Yeah. I know. ONE BOOK. Not fair, but it ain't my list of questions :)

message 2: by Raven137 (new)

Raven137 (alderpendragon) | 12 comments Haha. You know you ask the impossible.

It would be between—

Two Boys Kissing

We Are The Ants

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

And

Song of Achilles....

Best written, I’d say Song of Achilles.
Favorite character: Dante from (A.A.D.D.T.S.O.T.U.)
Most interesting plot: We Are the Ants
Emotions/beautiful—Two Boys Kissing

Idk how you expect me to narrow that down... but because I read son of Achilles last, think it’s wonderfully written, and love the characters and everything—-ima day that one to give you an answer, even if it’s the long way.

So. Song of Achilles. 0.0

-R ^^

message 3: by Rez (last edited Jun 15, 2018 01:43PM) (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) You're asking me to throw Autoboyography, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda,The Great American Whatever, The Red Sheet, Openly Straight, Gives Light, Fan Art, I'll Give You the Sun, Willful Machines, Perfect Ten, and The Before Now and After Then into a royal rumble cage-match and have them compete for my adoration.

I won't do it.

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments <3 Yeah, I'm not sure I could either.

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1 comments My all time favorite is Last Night at the Telegraph Club is so so good!!

message 6: by Andreas (new)

Andreas | 31 comments Only one book, huh? Okay, that would be History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera.

message 7: by Viti (new)

Viti (viti15) | 2 comments Yes, Andreas I agreed with you. That's my all time favourite from Adam.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul Manytravels (mountainhighonbooks) | 7 comments This is one impossible question but here is my shot at the answer: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
This is a very different kind of book t suggest than many which have been mentioned, but for me, it was powerful, even gut-wrenching, and one of the few books I have read three or more times.

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments I'm still going with Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz - just a gorgeous coming of age story.

message 10: by Ron-Michael (new)

Ron-Michael | 14 comments History is all You Left Me by Adam Silvera

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments Ron-Michael wrote: "History is all You Left Me by Adam Silvera"

That's two votes - his writing does make an impression.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen Kennelly | 16 comments Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters. anyone read it?

message 13: by K.S. (new)

K.S. Trenten (cauldronkeeper) | 88 comments Hmm, would Tokyo Babylon or Revolutionary Girl Utena count? Or Puella Magi Madoka Magica?

message 14: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments Karen wrote: "Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters. anyone read it?"

That's a classic - I've read it a couple of times.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

aaaa impossible! one of my favs is The house in the cerulean sea by TJ Klune!

message 16: by Zoé (new)

Zoé | 3 comments my fav has to be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe!!

message 17: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments Z. wrote: "my fav has to be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe!!"

I adore that book, so gorgeous.