YA LGBT Books discussion

Pride Reads - name fav YA LGBTQ > 10 - Favorite books with trans rep?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16807 comments Favorite books with trans rep?
Since we have a thread for non-binary characters (#11) here we're looking for a literary trans person who identifies as either male or female.

message 2: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments Dreadnought and Sovereign! I love Danny so much. There's so much toughness in her, and I admire that.

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16807 comments Dreadnought is great.

I want to mention Spy Stuff - one of my favorites (and also by a trans author)

message 4: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) The Art of Being Normal and If I Was Your Girl

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) | 69 comments Anna-Marie McLemore's When the Moon Was Ours really impressed me recently - her husband is trans and it's based on his experiences.

message 6: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments Benjamin wrote: "Anna-Marie McLemore's When the Moon Was Ours really impressed me recently - her husband is trans and it's based on his experiences."

I really loved that book. It's the best of magical realism, with lush descriptions, buckets of atmosphere and equal parts spooky and whimsy.

message 7: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) | 69 comments Iamshadow wrote: "Benjamin wrote: "Anna-Marie McLemore's When the Moon Was Ours really impressed me recently - her husband is trans and it's based on his experiences."

I really loved that book. It's..."

Definitely - her prose style is incredible.

It doesn't have a trans character (though there is a genderqueer character, and plenty of other LGBT rep), but I really liked Wild Beauty too.

message 8: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments Benjamin wrote:"It doesn't have a trans character (though there is a genderqueer character, and plenty of other LGBT rep), but I really liked Wild Beauty too. ."

Both that and The Weight of Feathers are on my to-read list, just purely because of how much I liked When the Moon Was Ours.

message 9: by Benjamin (last edited Jun 14, 2018 05:45AM) (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) | 69 comments Iamshadow wrote: "Benjamin wrote:"It doesn't have a trans character (though there is a genderqueer character, and plenty of other LGBT rep), but I really liked Wild Beauty too. ."

Both that and The Weight of ..."

She has another book coming out this year, too - Blanca & Roja