YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Br3 - Athena and Destiney

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Hey hey! So what shall we read!

message 2: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Hi! So what type of books do you read?:)

message 3: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Stuff like vampire academy, corral instruments, Gallagher Academy, Sarah Dessen. So mostly anything in the YA section

message 4: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Okay well I can't really think of anything so if you have any ideas about what you wanna read...

message 5: by Destiney (new)

Destiney What about Twilight? Have you read twilight? I've been wanting too far a while:)

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments I've read it. But I would be more than happy to read it again. I really liked the books, though the movie, not so much. Haha.

message 7: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Are you sure? If you can think of something else that's perfectly fine!

message 8: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Have you read the Lixe series? I haven't read that yet but it's coming up in my book stack.

If you have read it, Twilight is good. :P

message 9: by Destiney (new)

Destiney No I haven't! I don't have that series though so I have to see if its at my local library if that's okay

message 10: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Luxe*

Okay. :P up to you. Haha. Either is fine. :D The Luxe this is the fist one I think. Hehe

message 11: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Sounds good!

message 12: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Yeah? Okay well let me know if you find it. If you don't, we can read twilight. :)

message 13: by Destiney (new)

Destiney K!

message 14: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Btw, if you do find Luxe, we can technically read both books this month if you want too. Haha. Twilight has 24 chapters as well as an epilogue, and the luxe has 433 pages. But I guess it depends on how slow or how fast you want to read the book we choose.

message 15: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I'm guessing that I can read luxe in about a week and a half, how long do you think it will take you?

message 16: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Maybe about the same time. But I work and stuff too. Haha. But yeah. I could probably read Luxe in a week and a half if I wanted too. Lol. I just gotta sit down and actually do it. :P

message 17: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Just so we don't push it, how about we both finish it within two weeks?

message 18: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Sounds good. :D are we going to discuss during the book or only after we both finish?
And so should I be finished by the 14th of August?

message 19: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Yes:) and idk maybe once we both finish because we don't want to accidentally give spoilers. Is that okay?

message 20: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I got The Luxe btw

message 21: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments That's perfect.

Really? Awesome! Woot woot! Let the reading begin!

message 22: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Just finished the first quarter of the book. On chapter 10. Going slowly but surely. Haha. Have you gotten far yet?

message 23: by Destiney (new)

Destiney On chapter 6! Not going very fast right now because I'm reading 3 other books but I'm almost done with them

message 24: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Lol. Okay. I gotcha. I'm reading insurgent too. How do you like it so far?

message 25: by Destiney (new)

Destiney It's pretty good:) what do you think?

message 26: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments I think it's pretty good so far. I really like the characters too.

message 27: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Oh my gosh. Dude! Duuuuuuuuuude! I can't even. Oh my gosh. I don't know why, this is so funny. Haha. I'm weird. But my goodness. I'm really enjoying this book

message 28: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Hahaha that's good! So am I:)

message 29: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Almost done! :D

message 30: by Destiney (new)

Destiney We're supposed to be done tomorrow but I have school and then soccer practice for four hours, so is there any way we can extend the deadline one more week? If you don't want to that's fine

message 31: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Lol. Of course we can. Haha. That's fine. :)

message 32: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments All finished. Let me know when you're done and then we can talk about it. :)

message 33: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Okay sounds good! Thank you so much:)

message 34: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I finished:) I didn't think I could read 150 pages on a busy day like today but i did and I'm glad.

message 35: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Awesome! I liked it! I think my favorite characters were Diana and Henry. I also think they would make a FANTASTIC couple. Haha. That was kind of my, "just finished the book" reaction

What did you think?

message 36: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I loved the book. It was interesting to see how people actually lived back then. It makes me said that people frowned upon relationships between different classes of people. If you love someone, there rank in society shouldn't matter. Henry and Diana were definitely a cute couple:) I'm going to start the next one (Rumors) soon.

message 37: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments I'm gonna start Rumours soon too! Wanna buddy read it? ;D

Yeah. Penelope was annoying. But I felt like she was a necessary character for Elizabeth. I kinda wished Elizabeth had just gone after will. I feel like Henry would have probably suggested he married Diana. :O but then I supposed the Holland family would be in shame if Elizabeth ran off. Oooooh and I liked Lina. She was so interesting.

message 38: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Yes! Lets buddy read it!:) I thought Lina was interesting too! Penelope is going to be so mad once she finds out that she still can't have Henry!

message 39: by Athena (last edited Aug 15, 2014 12:44PM) (new)

Athena | 42 comments Yay!

yeah. I hope Lina gets the chance to make something of herself. That would be pretty awesome.
And yes. I believe she will be. Haha. All that effort for nothing! when do you wanna start Rumors? Wanna wait until next month? Or do you wanna start it on Monday or something?

message 40: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Ill check if they have it at my library but if they have to order it i can't start on Monday.

message 41: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Alright. :) Just let me know. I'm reading insurgent right now too, so im not in any rush. :)

message 42: by Destiney (new)

Destiney Ok sounds good!

message 43: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments :D

message 44: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments How's the search going? :) Wanna just schedule our buddy read for September.

message 45: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I'm going to the library today. It's not open on weekends:(

message 46: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Oh okay. :) sounds good

message 47: by Destiney (new)

Destiney I had to order the book so that'll just be he September thing:)

message 48: by Athena (new)

Athena | 42 comments Alrighty. :) let me know when it comes in.

message 49: by Destiney (new)

Destiney K:)