What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Alicia
This topic is about Alicia
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Holocaust True Story - Time frame is around 1943-45. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manjula (new)

Manjula | 5 comments This is a true story of a woman who would now be in her 80s. She wrote her story of having survived the Nazi holocaust through several lucky events. e.g., she escaped being shot and falling into a pit. Her father was a doctor, her mother, by sheer chance took a bullet in the head and saved the teen. She worked in a farm in the Ukraine and helped the farmer whose seizure was familiar because her father was an MD. The girl was about 15 when her mother accidentally was shot in the head in town. Girl ran away;
She rescues some Jewish Russian soldiers who were in a RR car; they helped her as well. It was nip-and-tuck staying ahead of the Nazis who, I'm guessing, were in trouble with the Russian army. When the war was over she went home to find it occupied. Eventually, she moved to the States. This wasn't a diary; it was a well-remembered re-telling of this girl's capture (and several neighboring families). And her harrowing events until she reached the States. The time frame is - 1943 to '45.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Was this book geared towards young adults?

message 3: by Manjula (new)

Manjula | 5 comments The lady did say that her daughter read it years ago and then she read it later. However I am not sure that it is geared towards YA. Possible though!

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

Here's a list that might help you find your book. Good luck!

message 5: by Bee ⚡ (new) - added it

Bee ⚡ (videodarling) | 4 comments It sounds like Alicia by Alicia Appleman-Jurman but I could be wrong.

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Alicia for the link.

message 7: by Manjula (new)

Manjula | 5 comments Britt wrote: "It sounds like Alicia by Alicia Appleman-Jurman but I could be wrong."

And this was it!! Thanks much!

message 8: by Manjula (new)

Manjula | 5 comments The book was Alicia: My Story by Alicia Appleman-Jurman.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Alicia (other topics)