2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Allison's Plan - June 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited Jul 02, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) These are potential books to choose from in June. I don't expect to read them all, but I'll have some vacation time this month and it's fun to be generous with my planning.

Fantasy
The Thousand Names (Shadow Campaign #1, Owned) ★★★
Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief #2, Series Completion) ★★★★
Cast in Silence (Elantra #5) ★★★★
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) ★★★★★
The Shock of Night (Darkwater Saga #1, Owned) ★★★
Penric’s Mission (Penric & Desdemona #4, Owned)
Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1, Dust)
Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice #9)

Walk on Earth a Stranger (Gold Seer #1)
Like a River Glorious (Gold Seer #2)
Into the Bright Unknown (Gold Seer #3, Series Completion)

Impulse Reads
Agent of the Crown (Crown of Tremontane #3, Series Completion) ★★★★
The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters #1) ★★★★
The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn #1) ★★★★
The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn #2, Series Completion) ★★★★

Mystery
The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby #1) ★★★
A Great Deliverance (Inspector Lynley #1)

Impulse Reads
Lethal ★★★★

Gothic / Dual Timeline
Secrets of the Lighthouse
Sepulchre (Languedoc #2, Mothball)

Historical
War and Peace (reading a bit here and there)
The Jade Temptress (Pingkang Li #2, Series Completion)
The Secret Life of Violet Grant

Impulse Reads
Shadow on the Highway

Urban Fantasy / Paranormal
Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5)
Rises The Night (Gardella Vampire Hunters #2)

Impulse Reads
The Hypnotist (Reincarnationist #3) ★★

Science Fiction / Dystopia
Sky Raiders (Sky Raiders #1, Owned) ★★★
Red Rising (Red Rising #1)

Planned
The Thousand Names (The Shadow Campaigns, #1) by Django Wexler Cast in Silence (Chronicles of Elantra, #5) by Michelle Sagara Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2) by Rae Carson Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3) by Rae Carson Penric’s Mission (Penric and Desdemona, #3) by Lois McMaster Bujold Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara, #1) by Terry Brooks Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9) by John Flanagan The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery, #1) by Anna Lee Huber A Great Deliverance (Inspector Lynley, #1) by Elizabeth George Secrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy Sepulchre (Languedoc, #2) by Kate Mosse The Jade Temptress (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #2) by Jeannie Lin The Secret Life of Violet Grant (Schuyler Sisters #1) by Beatriz Williams Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs Rises The Night (The Gardella Vampire Hunters, #2) by Colleen Gleason Sky Raiders (Sky Raiders, #1) by Michelle Diener Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown

Completed
Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2) by Livia Blackburne The Shock of Night (The Darkwater Saga, #1) by Patrick W. Carr Agent of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #3) by Melissa McShane The Hypnotist (The Reincarnationist) by M.J. Rose The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters, #1) by Mercedes Lackey Cast in Silence (Chronicles of Elantra, #5) by Michelle Sagara The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh The Thousand Names (The Shadow Campaigns, #1) by Django Wexler The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery, #1) by Anna Lee Huber Sky Raiders (Sky Raiders, #1) by Michelle Diener Lethal by Sandra Brown Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11426 comments Mod
Great list, Allison, and a nice mix of genres. I’m impressed by War and Peace. Is it working to read intermittently?

Enjoy your reading!

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Jonetta wrote: "Great list, Allison, and a nice mix of genres. I’m impressed by War and Peace. Is it working to read intermittently?"

Thanks, Jonetta.

I wish I could be more consistent with War and Peace. The chapters are short, so if I could motivate myself to read one per day I'd eventually get into it enough to read more - that's my hope anyway. So far I've been very sporadic and it's going to take forever if I carry on at this rate.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I've enjoyed several of the books in your list, Allison, from Lady Darby to Red Rising. Have a great reading month!

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Thanks Veronica!