Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

Archived Group Reads - 2018 > June's Group Buddy - A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth (bbulow) | 2335 comments Mod
Happy Sunday, CFD! :) Sorry for the delay, recovering from sickness and finally starting to feel back to normal today!

The group buddy for the month is A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer.

GR Summary:
Stone Hammond is the best tracker in Texas. He never comes home empty-handed. So when a wealthy railroad investor hires him to find his abducted granddaughter, Stone eagerly accepts.

Charlotte Atherton, former headmistress of Sullivan’s Academy for Exceptional Youths, will do anything to keep her charges safe, especially the orphaned girl entrusted to her care. Charlotte promised Lily’s mother she’d keep the girl away from her unscrupulous grandfather, and nothing will stop Charlotte from fulfilling that pledge. Not even the handsome bounty hunter with surprisingly honest eyes who comes looking for them.

When Miss Atherton produces documentation that shows her to be Lily’s legal guardian, Stone must reevaluate everything he’s been led to believe. Is she villain or victim? Then a new danger forces Charlotte to trust the man sent to destroy her. Stone vows to protect what he once sought to tear apart. Besides, he’s ready to start a new pursuit: winning Charlotte’s heart.

Pop a comment below if you think you'll join in!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Feel better Beth!😊

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I will be reading this one! My first buddy read with you all!😊

message 4: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 352 comments Happy you are recovering Beth :) I’m in for this one! I have started it and I’m enjoying so far :)

message 5: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Thanks, ladies! I am back to normal. :)

I read the first 20 pages or so on my lunch break, good start!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Started this a little while ago. So far, I'm intrigued.

message 7: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

I finished the book earlier this week - super cute! A few points that struck me as cheesy, but fun plot. I enjoyed it.

message 8: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 352 comments Yes I finished last week also. I did enjoy it :)

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I finished it a few hours ago. I really enjoyed it. There were a few cheesy moments for sure, but I thought that helped lighten the mood caused by all the intense action and emotions.

message 10: by Lindsay Romo (new)

Lindsay Romo | 2 comments I really like the idea of a group buddy read. Is this something still going on?

message 11: by Beth, Head Librarian (last edited Jun 26, 2018 08:16AM) (new)

Hi, Lindsay! There is a group buddy read every month. :)

Members can also do buddy reads at their own pace/convenience with anyone that wants to join. You can find out more about that here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 12: by Lindsay Romo (new)

Lindsay Romo | 2 comments Sounds great. Thanks so much