Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Delete Ebook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha Stirling | 39 comments Hello, Please could you delete the free ebook available on my author page because I have a new publisher. Thank you.

Blood On The Banana Leaf Charlotte Stirling

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26923 comments On GR we don't delete any book that has been published, think of us as a library and not a shop.

We can say that it is no longer available.

And looking at the link you've provided, I can see that you've already vandalized the book data. Please do not do that.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26923 comments Flagged to support to fix.

message 4: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha Stirling | 39 comments I’m sorry? Vandalised the site? What are you referring to?

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26923 comments You changed the author name, changed the publish date, changed the format etc.

message 6: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha Stirling | 39 comments And the problem with that is? Plus, your tone is extremely overbearing. I suggest you dial it down, please.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26923 comments I apologize if I came across that way.

Here are some instructions for Authors ~

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments Tabatha wrote: "And the problem with that is? Plus, your tone is extremely overbearing. I suggest you dial it down, please."

The problem is: it's not allowed.
GR does not like if data is vandalized because that affects always all reader shelves and can cause problems in the database (and for readers mean they can't find the book)

Especially when it comes to author names the GR rules are quite clear. Books must have that one in the record that's on the cover - and in case of name changes all editions need to keep the one that was used for the first edition as their primary author name.
Librarian Manual: Regarding author pseudonyms or pen names - some authors write or have written under multiple names. When editing or adding information for a book written by an author with multiple names, enter the author's name as on the front cover as the primary author. The author's other names may be added in the other author fields. Original name or other pen names can be added and linked via a Librarian Note in the description field, or using the Librarian Note feature located above the Title field.

In some cases, a book may be originally published under a pen name, but then later reissued under the author's original name. When this happens, the author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.
https://www.goodreads.com/librarian_m...

Readers do want to shelf the edition they own, with matching name, pubdate and format - you can't just go ahead and messing their shelves up - that's not liked well not from readers, nor librarians or GR staff.

Every format needs to be a different editions, every cover change makes a different edition, every name change - which does go with a cover change makes a different edition.

You might wanna read the librarian manual to get further clarification https://www.goodreads.com/librarian_m...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.