Aussie Readers discussion

Beneath the Mother Tree
This topic is about Beneath the Mother Tree
Our Authors Spotlight > Debut release - Beneath the Mother Tree

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Hi all,

My debut novel Beneath the Mother Tree will be released this August and I'm offering 3 Goodreads members a free copy for review. Please private message me if you are interested. Aussie based readers only. Sorry.

Beneath the Mother Tree

Here is what some other authors have said about it so far -

‘From the first page, this book held me in its thrall. As sultry and immersive as a tropical night.’ Ilka Tampke, author of Skin.

‘Soulful and dreamlike, and utterly original. Here is a slice of Australia as you’ve never seen her before.’ Kim Kelly, author of Lady Bird & The Fox.

‘A seductive, dark, contemporary fairy tale thrumming with a fierce, beguiling energy.’ Kim Lock, author of The Three of Us.

‘A compelling page-turner that will transport readers to a world populated with characters who are as mysterious and gripping as their Australian landscape.’ Tiffany McDaniel, author of the Not-the-Booker Prize winning novel The Summer that Melted Everything.

Donna x

D.M. Cameron

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 72237 comments Mod
Congratulations Donna! Such a wonderful feeling for you - your book baby is ready for the world :)

message 3: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Thank you Brenda! Starting to feel a bit nervous I gotta say, but I suppose that is normal. xx

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Certainly would be! You'll be fine... are you having a launch?

message 5: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Yes - first launch is in Adelaide where my publisher is based - but the launch here is on Sunday the 29th of July at the Wagstaff Hall. Wagstaff. 3pm. You are most welcome to come and bring as many people as you like. I then head north to Brisbane on a bit of a book tour...and later in August there will be some Sydney events - probably not a launch but a author talks/book signings...I will keep you posted.

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Excellent! You'll be excited about that :)

Sally906 | 7 comments Thank you Donna - my copy arrived today - have already had a few of my work mates stop by my desk and pick it up, checking the blurb and saying they like the sound of the story. All are loving the beautiful cover!!!

Thank you for the copy

message 8: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Sally906 wrote: "Thank you Donna - my copy arrived today - have already had a few of my work mates stop by my desk and pick it up, checking the blurb and saying they like the sound of the story. All are loving the ..."
Oh wow! That is such wonderful news to hear. I do hope it sells. I have just found out that bookstores only give you 90 days. So my book is being released in August - that means, by the end of October, if it hasn't sold, the bookstore sends it back to the distributor and they rip the front covers off and pulp them! This is so barbaric and wasteful. I had no idea! The publishing industry is so wrong in so many ways! Sorry, didn't mean to get on my high horse. Thanks for agreeing to read it Sally. xx

Sally906 | 7 comments Wow! That’s like Murder. I had no idea that it was such a short amount of time

Fingers crossed for you.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1753 comments D.M. wrote: " I have just found out that bookstores only give you 90 days. So my book is being released in August - that means, by the end of October, if it hasn't sold, the bookstore sends it back to the distributor and they rip the front covers off and pulp them!..."

There should be an OzHarvest for death-row books!

Fingers crossed for your first 90 days.

message 11: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Sally906 wrote: "Wow! That’s like Murder. I had no idea that it was such a short amount of time

Fingers crossed for you."

Thanks Sally. I have all my bits crossed :)

message 12: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Andrea wrote: "D.M. wrote: " I have just found out that bookstores only give you 90 days. So my book is being released in August - that means, by the end of October, if it hasn't sold, the bookstore sends it back..."

Thanks Andrea. I am not sure what an Ozharvest is but I like the sound of it!

Elizabeth Excited to read this Donna - sounds intriguing and the cover looks stunning - well done!

message 14: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Excited to read this Donna - sounds intriguing and the cover looks stunning - well done!"

Thanks Elizabeth! Starting to get a tad nervous now :)

Elizabeth D.M. wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Excited to read this Donna - sounds intriguing and the cover looks stunning - well done!"

Thanks Elizabeth! Starting to get a tad nervous now :)"

Seven months on from the launch of mine I have a real feeling of accomplishment - I am sure you will too when the dust settles - lots of work but also exciting times ahead!

message 16: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Cameron (dmcameron) | 82 comments Elizabeth wrote: "D.M. wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Excited to read this Donna - sounds intriguing and the cover looks stunning - well done!"

Thanks Elizabeth! Starting to get a tad nervous now :)"

Seven months on fr..."

:)