Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

SF/F Movie, TV & Video Game Chat > Upcoming Video Games

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't find any recent thread about video games. Use this place to talk about upcoming and older video games in the science fiction and fantasy genre.

Personally I feel that the fantasy genre has become over crowded as compared to science fiction. There are too many fantasy games and while they're great, we need more science fiction. There are a few science fiction games made by major studios, and tons more being made by indie developers. Luckily, there are many science fiction games slated for release this year and the next and it's a great time to be a gamer and a fan of science fiction.

There are two particular video games that I'm really looking forward to. Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2. Dying Light is horror instead of sci fi or fantasy, but the first one is the best zombie open world survival/exploration game I've ever played. Cyberpunk 2077 is being made by the people that made the acclaimed Witcher video game series and I've been on its hype train for a few months now. Sadly, both these games will probably get released in the second quarter of 2019.

E3 is starting in a week and that's when we'll get more details about these two games as well as Rage 2 and also more information about an open world IP by Bethesda that's going by the label 'Starfield' and other science fiction video games will also be revealed then.

I got my first high end gaming PC a few months ago and this is the first E3 I'm really excited about.

message 2: by Jonathan, Reader of the fantastic (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 525 comments I'm very much looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 3 is fantastic and this is where I feel the team behind Witcher can do their best work. Looking forward to Dying Light 2 and Anthem based on E3 just passed!

For anyone one Xbox I started a club under my gamertag there 'Mistborn22' - Fantasy Bookclub - which you can search for and join.