What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Christian Fiction book series about a wealthy family set in early to mid 1900s and had romance, war, politics, etc.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments I’m trying to find a book about a family or characters who are Christian and has sequels that several years. I read them about 2 years ago (2016) and recall the first book had a woman who didn’t have a good relationship with her father and I can’t quite recall if she fell for the man she married or was forced to marry him, then fell for him. The plot point I do recall in the series is one where the younger sister, who was well educated and brilliant was raped by a man who was upset that she had ignored/mocked him. She had been able to manage the family’s business at a young age and was somewhat arrogant. He attacked her late at night while she was working I think. She ended up pregnant and kept the child, but the experience obviously changed her and made her more cautious and mature, while also causing her to be closer to God. The guy also eventually changed and converted to Christianity. They ended up crossing paths years later. Don’t think she realized who he was at first, but she forgave him and they got married. The next book dealt with some economic issues and a war I think, but I can’t remember it was was WWI or WWII. I know it involved Europe. I think the family lived in Eastern US, but it may have been the Midwest. That’s about all I can remember. I’d really appreciate if anyone can help with this. It’s been nagging at me for weeks.

message 2: by Bee ⚡ (new)

Bee ⚡ (videodarling) | 4 comments What did the cover(s) look like?

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments I think they were colorful. Can’t remember if there were any character depictions, but I think each book had a different color.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments Bump. Any ideas?

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments Bump

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments Bump

message 7: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (marisasorenson) | 227 comments Maybe the Daughters of Fortune series? The first book is Heiress. This sounds familiar. If Heiress isn't it, I'll keep looking

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments Marisa wrote: "Maybe the Daughters of Fortune series? The first book is Heiress. This sounds familiar. If Heiress isn't it, I'll keep looking"

That's a great guess, but unfortunately, not the books. Thank you!

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol (cbbooklover) | 7 comments I read them as ebooks and I’m not totally sure if traditional or self published, but I’m leaning towards traditional publishing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heiress (other topics)