BEATLES FANS discussion

Abbey Road > Songs

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 53 comments Mod
Out of the list, which songs are your favorite?

1. "Come Together" Lennon 4:20
2. "Something" (Harrison) Harrison 3:03
3. "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" McCartney 3:27
4. "Oh! Darling" McCartney 3:26
5. "Octopus's Garden" (Richard Starkey) Starr 2:51
6. "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" Lennon 7:47

Side two
# Title Lead vocals Length
7. "Here Comes the Sun" (Harrison) Harrison 3:05
8. "Because" Lennon, McCartney, Harrison 2:45
9. "You Never Give Me Your Money" McCartney 4:02
10. "Sun King" Lennon, McCartney, Harrison 2:26
11. "Mean Mr. Mustard" Lennon 1:06
12. "Polythene Pam" Lennon 1:12
13. "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" McCartney 1:57
14. "Golden Slumbers" McCartney 1:31
15. "Carry That Weight" Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, Starr 1:36
16. "The End" McCartney 2:05
17. "Her Majesty" McCartney 0:23

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

maxwells silver hammer and mean mr./ mustard/here comes the sun, i cant decide between those 2. my dog won't listen 2 here cums the sun, it's rite @ th@ decibal th@ hurts her ears.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 21 comments hmm..
The End
Here Comes the Sun
Mean Mr Mustard
Polythene Pam
Something
Octopus's Garden (DUH!)

OG is the reason I bought Abbey Road album, so... I got to give that song a ton of credit! Thx Ringo!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yays!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ringolicious... ;0

message 8: by SLIM SHADY (new)

I watched the superbowl where Paul McCartney played Hey Jude... do you the story behind Hey Jude?

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 21 comments Thats cool! When was the superbowl?

yh

Well I heard 2 stories, but Im pretty sure that the first one is correct
k so...
1. Paul was driving his car to visit Cynthia Lennon, Johns first wife, after John and Cynthia had divorced. he starting making up a song on the drive up, about John and Cynthia's little boy, telling him not to worry about the divorce and such, and that it's going to be ok. John's kid was named Julian, and the song was originally Hey Jules, but then Paul changed it to Jude bc it was easier to sing or something.

2. I think that John thought it was about himself. Other people think they were the ones who Paul wrote about (though I highly doubt it). Theres also a theroy that Paul sub contiusly wrote about himself. That is possible too...

So I'm pretty sure thats it, but hey, Im not a beatles expert so yh :D

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

paul wrote the song 4 julian, but john thought it wz paul tellin him 2 b himself, th@ it wz alrite, and that he shood <3 yoko and all. he changed it cos have u evr tried 2 sing he jules? its kinda hard ;)

message 12: by SLIM SHADY (new)

yeah thats it

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ya. complicated. i think th@ maybe the beatles wil lget more popular w/ everybody now th@ th e rockbamd and digital remastered stuff came out.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

did u hear about how disney is gonna ruin the yellow submarine movie? its gona b 3-d!!!!!!! its the effin YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!!!!!! its not meant 2 b 3-d.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 21 comments Lord of the Flies wrote: "ya. complicated. i think th@ maybe the beatles wil lget more popular w/ everybody now th@ th e rockbamd and digital remastered stuff came out."

I think so too!! And latly, I've been seeing more and more people walking around with Beatles tshirts on... lol but that could just be me

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

its not just u. sum ugly college guy was wearin a sgt pepper's t shirt, the 1 w/ the big circle thingy on it. it wz 1 of the gold foiled 1.

message 18: by SLIM SHADY (new)

Oh and just to let you know Cailyn that Im A Loser is not a song thats offensive to the beatles, Paul McCartney and John Lennon just wrote it.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 21 comments Starkey wrote: "maxwells silver hammer and mean mr./ mustard/here comes the sun, i cant decide between those 2. my dog won't listen 2 here cums the sun, it's rite @ th@ decibal th@ hurts her ears."

I read somewhere that they have this wierd note in some abbey road some (im guessing the ones u wrote r the ones lol) that is SO high pitched, that only some animals can hear it i.e. doggys :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

weird!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

is here cums the sun on abbey road?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Starkey wrote: "is here cums the sun on abbey road?"

yup:)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

shaweeetnesh... thx!

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 21 comments i luv that album its da first one i got!!!