What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance where the protagonists hate each other for years but then fall in love? Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (last edited Jun 02, 2018 03:54PM) (new)

Caroline | 1 comments It's a historical romance where the two characters (M/F) have a love-hate dynamic (but I can't remember whether they grew up together or had met as adults) and nobody suspects their feelings for each other given their past dislike. I think there was one scene where they're in the pantry/kitchen and one pushes the other into a bucket of water. I also remember the girl's father walking in during that scene and laughing at their antics without the slightest inclination that there was something brewing between the two characters. It's a very light-hearted novel with witty dialogues between the protagonists.

Possible authors: Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn?? I'm not entirely certain.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 08, 2018 07:27AM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Caroline, around what year did you read this book?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town) of the story?

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee | 3 comments Maybe Violet in Bloom by Julia Quinn

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1430 comments Truce, RL Mathewson.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Families are friends. The H is an annoying little shit... a family trait. Picks on h and she humiliates him and then it flashes forward to adults where H is planing to get away from the still echoing humiliation, and he and she hate each other and start a prank war that brings them together.

It’s a flashback/prequel type book to the origins of the Neighbours from Hell series. The ever eating, ever annoying, hella good looking Bradfords.

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1430 comments Sorry, tried to spoiler that, but didn’t work.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
No problem. I added a spoiler alert to the topic header.

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 102 comments It sounds good but I don't think I've read it. Hope you find it.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 103 comments I second, Truce by R L. Mathewson

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julia Quinn (other topics)