Public Domain Readers discussion

Monthly Themed Archives > June 2018 - Winner's choice -> Mystery

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sawako (new)

Sawako | 493 comments Mod
Each month we will read a public domain book in a certain genre, about a particular subject/theme, or by a specific author.
Tim, our April's winner, chose Mystery.

If you would like to choose what we will read for August you can join us. All you have to do is to report and/or discuss a Mystery book of your choice. 5 points for each activity.

The one who gets the highest points will pick what the group will read. Which it will be announced here.

message 2: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 450 comments Mod
I'm thinking I might re-read The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne.

But I have a few more mysteries on my TBR list:
In the Closed Room by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Clue of the Twisted Candle by Edgar Wallace
The Ivory Snuff Box by Frederic Arnold Kummer Jr.
and maybe Quill's Window by George Barr McCutcheon. I'm not certain it is a mystery going by the reviews. I guess there's only one way to find out :)

message 3: by Sawako (new)

I want to read The Red House Mystery too. Or any book you are going to read for this month.

message 4: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 450 comments Mod
Sawako wrote: "I want to read The Red House Mystery too. Or any book you are going to read for this month."

Sure, we can read The Red House Mystery together. I hope you don't find the beginning too difficult. It took me three times to get past the first chapter. But maybe that was just me.

message 5: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Sure, we can read The Red House Mystery together. I hope you don't find the beginning too difficult. It took me three times to get past the first chapter. But maybe that was just me."

Great! I'll start tomorrow. Really? Well, I always find that the first chapter, of any book that I read, is challenging. I can't wait to read the first chapter. :D