Lucy Preston Literary Society discussion

Favorite Literary Characters

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 27 comments Mod
Who are some of your most beloved literary characters? The ones you feel the most connected to or the ones who had the biggest impact on you, whether as a child or an adult?

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 44 comments I have so many, but the one that has been my "book boyfriend" for many years is Detective Harry Bosch from the Michael Connelly books.

message 3: by ebookclassics (new)

ebookclassics | 20 comments One of my favorite literary characters is Anne of Green Gables. I admire her because even though she was an orphan, she recognized the beauty in life and had such a positive spirit. But she also knew how to stand up for herself and call people out when they weren't being fair.

message 4: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Kane (antoniakane) There Are So. Many. Haha. But since I’m rereading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern again (this is time 6 or 7 now) I have to mention Marco and Celia. Love them so much.

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 27 comments Mod
The first two that immediately come to mind for me, as far as having a big impact on my childhood, are Jo March and Elizabeth Bennet. May be cliche but it's honest. They taught me about staying true to yourself, even if (especially if) you don't fit the mold of the people around you and what they expect.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 7 comments As a child, I fell in love with the Cherry Ames series. A nurse who gets involved in mysteries.

The Bobbsey Twins

and my favorite characters-the kids from "All of a Kind Family." a series about a Jewish family living in the East Side of NY. I was one of two-and my sister was 8 years older, so I loved reading about larger families; and my grandfather was born on the East Side of NY in 1896...so this was his history. Coincidentally, my dad was born and raised in the East End of London.

message 7: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (ladybellefiske) | 5 comments ebookclassics wrote: "One of my favorite literary characters is Anne of Green Gables. I admire her because even though she was an orphan, she recognized the beauty in life and had such a positive spirit. But she also kn..."
I too am a "kindred spirit." Love the Anne books!