The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2018 > 20.4 - Golden Oldies - Heather (Gibby)'s Task: A Few of My Favorite Bookish Websites

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Jul 14, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5349 comments Mod
20.4 - Golden Oldies - Heather's Task: A few of my favorite bookish websites

When I am not actually reading, I am most often online reading about books. This task is dedicated to some of my favorite sites.

This is a one book Task.
Choose one of the Options below. REQUIRED: State in your post the option that you chose.

Option 1: Literature-Map
This site has helped me find some great authors I might not otherwise have found.
For this option, choose one of your favorite authors.
Go to the Literature Map website and type in the name of the author you have chosen. The Website will display other authors who are similar. The closer the name is to the center, the more similar it will be. Read a book written by one of the similar authors displayed. This author should be new to you.Your book must be solely authored and not co-written or part of an anthology.
REQUIRED: Include in your post the name of your favorite author that you started with and that you have not previously read anything by the new author you found on the literature map.

Option 2: Bookish News
Two sites I like to visit to get news about upcoming books, read reviews, author news, or news about books awards are Book Riot and The Millions
For this option read a book whose author's initials can be found in either BOOK RIOT or THE MILLIONS
Middle initials may be ignored. If a book is written by more than one author, only one author's initials need to fit the task.

Option 3: Book Blogs
I read a number of great book blogs, but the very first Book Blog I ever started following was Beth Fish Reads
For this option read a book that has been reviewed on Beth Fish Reads
REQUIRED: Indicate which tab you found your book (2008-2013, 2014-2015, 2016-2017 or the date of review if it is a 2018 Review)

message 2: by Heather(Gibby) (last edited Jun 07, 2018 05:06PM) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 989 comments I am on a road trip June 8th to 18, so may be a little slow replying to any questions in this thread during that time.

message 3: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 989 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5349 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7908 comments I love Beth Fish Reads - I follow her on twitter

message 6: by Trish (last edited Jun 03, 2018 06:02AM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2696 comments I hadn't come across Beth Fish before, but I'm going to keep an eye on her blog now!

message 7: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 365 comments If I found the author through the literature map during this challenge and ended up loving her so much that I read multiple books by her, can I use any of the books that I read by her during this challenge or does it have to be the first book I read by her?

message 8: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 989 comments You can use the first one you read

message 9: by Sheila (last edited Jul 14, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Hi Heather. My question is has the Book Riot link changed since the task was first posted. I had worked out my SRC plan and slotted

20.4 - Golden Oldies - Heather's Task: A few of my favorite bookish websites
Option 2: Bookish News
Chasing Evil (Circle of Evil #1) by Kylie Brant Chasing Evil by Kylie Brant
(KB in Book Riot)
Author is new to me for Summer SRC

But now for the life of me can't figure where I got the KB. Have things changed?

message 10: by Heather(Gibby) (last edited Jul 14, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 989 comments The link in the task is not correct, but the initials KB are in Book Riot, so it meets the task requirement. I will send a message to the moderator to correct the link.

If you are interested in exploring the Book Riot web page you can find it here:
https://bookriot.com/

message 11: by Debra (new)

Debra | 126 comments Are the initials supposed to be in EITHER Book Riot OR The Millions?

I other words would initials KM work? K from Book and M from Millions?

message 12: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 989 comments Sorry, I didn't see this earlier, both initials must be found in the same site name, so KM would not work.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chasing Evil (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kylie Brant (other topics)