American Westerns discussion

Monte Walsh
This topic is about Monte Walsh
Group Reads > Summer 2018 - Monte Walsh

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edwin, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 230 comments Originally published in 1963, Monte Walsh continues to delight readers as a Western classic and popular favorite. The novel explores the cowboy lives of Monte Walsh and Chet Rollins as they carouse, ride, and work at the Slash Y with Cal Brennan.

message 2: by Tim (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim (timi2u) | 66 comments I liked the made-for-TV movie with Tom Selleck, look forward to this one!

Chris Barraclough | 13 comments Monte Walsh is one of my favourite books of all time. I loved it

Nicholas | 16 comments Another classic by my favourite western author of all time, Jack Warner Schaefer, who, of course, also wrote 'Shane', my favourite western novel of all time :)

Chris Haynes | 36 comments Monte Walsh is my favorite novel of all time.

I also love the Tom Selleck TV movie. I watched the Lee Marvin movie over the weekend and didn't really like it. None of the actors in the Marvin version seemed like they were having any fun so the tone of the movie was more somber.

Robert Arl (robcsk) | 2 comments Reread “Monte Walsh” earlier this year. I believe it is the best novel focused on the life of cowboys and open range ranching ever written.