Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2018 > 10.9 Emily Bronte (Rosemary's Task)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6263 comments Emily Bronte, the author of Wuthering Heights, was born 200 years ago this summer, on July 30th, 1818. Read a book by an author with the letters E and B anywhere in their name as it appears on Goodreads. Examples: James Baldwin, Robert Harris, V.E. Schwab.

Please post any questions or comments about task 10.9 in this thread.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2587 comments Just to make sure I am clear... based on the examples the 'e' and the 'b' can be in any order (not only 'e' first).

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12677 comments Valerie wrote: "Just to make sure I am clear... based on the examples the 'e' and the 'b' can be in any order (not only 'e' first)."

Yes. Both letters can appear anywhere in the name, and in any order.

message 4: by Owlette (new)

Owlette | 494 comments And is Emily Bronte included, too?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12677 comments Owlette wrote: "And is Emily Bronte included, too?"

Yes.

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariealex) | 724 comments Hello!

Can we use books with 2 authors on this task ? I wanted to read The Long Earth, and one of the authors fits the task but not the 2nd one : would it still be ok ?

If not, i'll place it somewhere else :)

Thanks !

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12677 comments Marie wrote: "Hello!

Can we use books with 2 authors on this task ? I wanted to read The Long Earth, and one of the authors fits the task but not the 2nd one : would it still be ok ?

If not, i..."

Sorry, no, Marie. The first named author, Terry Pratchett, does not fit the task.