Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2018 > 10.7 Not Quite Jumbo (Coralie's Task)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6263 comments Because books that don't quite earn jumbo points often get put aside, read a book that has between 400 and 499 pages. We will use the MPE to determine book page count.

Please post any questions or comments about task 10.7 in this thread.

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4466 comments Thank you for this task! I have done exactly that to books with 450 + pages! Now I have read one! Yeah!

message 3: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4655 comments Excellent idea!

message 4: by Kazen (new)

Kazen | 623 comments I love this task - great work Coralie!

message 5: by Deedee (last edited Jun 15, 2018 04:52PM) (new)

Deedee | 1982 comments Would Time Shards qualify for this task? The MPE Kindle version says 300 pages. However, the paperback version (which I'm reading) and the 2nd kindle version say 448 pages. (The paperback version is actually 442 pages, followed by advertisements.)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12673 comments Deedee wrote: "Would Time Shards qualify for this task? The MPE Kindle version says 300 pages. However, the paperback version (which I'm reading) and the 2nd kindle version say 448 pages. (The pap..."

You're good for that one, Deedee. We'll always use the most popular print edition when there is one, even if a kindle/ebook is the default. But even so, Amazon has 448 for that kindle edition, and I fixed it.

message 7: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 1982 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Deedee wrote: "Would Time Shards qualify for this task? The MPE Kindle version says 300 pages. However, the paperback version (which I'm reading) and the 2nd kindle version say 448 ..."

Thanks Elizabeth!