Lucy Preston Literary Society discussion

Mrs. Sherlock Holmes
This topic is about Mrs. Sherlock Holmes
Mrs Sherlock Holmes > Mrs. Sherlock Holmes Sections 7-9

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Catherine | 44 comments Discussion thread for sections 7-9

Catherine | 44 comments WOW! The story of The Giant and The Chair is insane! Such suspense!! I am really wondering if Charles Stielow's case influenced Stephen King's "The Green Mile". There were so many similarities. (I did try to look this up on Google but didn't find anything.)

This book is so fantastic. It's just amazing what a life Grace led.

Footballgirl205 | 5 comments I wondered the same thing, Catherine! I couldn't help but picture that movie as I was reading.

The dramatic last minute reprieve and the rush to get the signed stay to the prison in time...it all made me think that sometimes truth is stranger (and more harrowing) than fiction.

Catherine | 44 comments I agree, Courtney, it was so dramatic! That chapter could be its own book by itself, it had so many twists and turns.

Ronnie (camerata) | 4 comments Catherine wrote: "WOW! The story of The Giant and The Chair is insane! Such suspense!! I am really wondering if Charles Stielow's case influenced Stephen King's "The Green Mile". There were so many similarities. (I ..."

The Green Mile came to mind for me as well straight away once I got to this part!

I couldn't stop reading until I got to the end of the chapter, it was a last minute save yet again. I like how the author builds up the cases in this book, it's really fascinating!