2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Legendary (Caraval, #2)
This topic is about Legendary
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Legendary (Caraval #2)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Jun 04, 2018 01:18PM) (new) - added it

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Stephanie Garber‘s book, Legendary.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Anastasia, Eirelyn, Joan, Eunice, BMAD_Addicts, Lindsay, Julia, Susan, SarahKat, Juliette, Debbie, Alexxy, Bhavik

message 2: by Mary Pat (new) - added it

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 104
Week 2: 104
Week 3: 104
Week 4: 104

Alexxy | 271 comments I'd like to be added to discussion too. I'm already reading this book for this month, so it will be nice to discuss it with others.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments I will join in , even though the book literally put me in slump right now lol.

message 5: by Mary Pat (new) - added it

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Alexxy, Bhavik - I have added you to the list of participants!

message 6: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3391 comments I finally started this and am loving it! Although I miss Scarlett and Julian's story, this book seems to be getting just as good as Caraval.

Lindsay | 1327 comments SarahKat wrote: "I finally started this and am loving it! Although I miss Scarlett and Julian's story, this book seems to be getting just as good as Caraval."

I'm just past half way and I am also really enjoying it. It's nice to see another side to Tella.

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3391 comments Just finished, and loved it just as much as Caraval. This one felt darker I think, and there wasn't quite as much interesting magic, but it definitely delivered. No disappointments.,

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments I tried ...I really tried...I tried to read it three times but couldn't go beyond the first three chapters !
I think I am not in the right mindset right now and I dont even remember certain characters and events that happened in book 1 (I have no intention of making myself go through that book again because I didn't like it as much as it was hyped , so I may just skim through some spoilery reviews of it before I start reading this one!)

Sorry for the BR :/

message 10: by Joan (new) - added it

Joan Barnett | 888 comments I wanted to read this one but I think I'm just a little burned out on these types of books lately. I'm going to have to put it on my list to read some other time.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments I finally got myself to read it and 8 chapter in and enjoying it as of yet!

Alexxy | 271 comments I did like this book, but much less than the first one.

As one of my friends, Lola said, it felt like the book has lost its magic. The beauty and wonder of the caraval in the first book was one of the things that made me such a big fan of the book and it was gone in this one.

I did find the plot interesting, but I can't say the same about the characters. I especially didn't like how Scarlett was portrayed in Legendary. She felt like an utter idiot.

On the other hand, the subject of the Fates was something I immensely enjoyed. I'm generally really into that sort of things.

Will I read the next book, if there ever is one? Probably. But it's definitely not a priority.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Legendary (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephanie Garber (other topics)