Gaston Library discussion

General Discussion > 2018 Teen Summer Reading!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 289 comments Mod
Hi all! Summer Reading is officially here!

For our Teens all you have to do is read 6 books to complete a reading log. When you complete your reading log you are entered to win a Sony wireless speaker, Beats headphones, or a Texas Roadhouse Gift card. You get one entry for each reading log you complete, and you can complete as many reading logs as you like over the summer.
This best part about summer reading? You can complete a reading log right here on Goodreads!
Simply follow the instructions down below.
- Comment on this post with the titles of six books you read this summer. Be sure you have them listed on your Goodreads as well. You can comment again with the next six books you read to complete additional reading logs.
- You may also join our Group Challenge to track the books you read for the challenge. Click the Challenges link on our page to find it and join.
- We do have a small prize (A backpack for the first completed reading log, buttons for the next 4 additional reading logs) for anyone who completes a reading log, but you will need to come by the library to pick it up. When you comment below let us know what Branch location you would like to pick up your small prize at and we will hold it under your name.
- Make sure after summer reading ends (September) that you keep an eye on your Goodreads messages because that is how we will have to contact you if you win the prize.
- If you already have completed a physical reading log you may not enter on Goodreads, even for additional reading logs. You must do all physical reading logs or all Goodreads reading logs.
- If you want extra entries in the grand prize drawing you can get them by attending any of our Teen Summer Reading programs at the library. Entry slips will be available at the events. Be sure to keep an eye on Goodreads to see the events we have going on!
- Comment here or complete our challenge by August 25th. We will not accept entries past August 25th.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Edwards | 9 comments They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes
Will Grayson, Will Grayson

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Alexandria wrote: "They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes
Will Grayson, Will Grayson"

Hey Alexandria,
I put in an entry for you! Watch you're Goodread messages because that is how we will contact if you win the grand prize drawing! You also get a small prize for finishing. Which branch would you like to pick this up at?

message 4: by Alexandria (last edited Aug 05, 2020 06:51PM) (new)

Alexandria Edwards | 9 comments Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes

Hey Alexandria,
I put in an entry for you!..."

Thank you so much I just realized today that this was for 2018. The Gaston county library on Garrison. I can't find a post on here or even on the Gaston library page to send an entry could you point me in the right direction because I have some more books that I've finished.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Alexandria wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes

Hey Alexandria,
I put in a..."

Unfortunately, we haven't had the Goodreads option for Teens since this post. However we are fine with you using this post for this year. Just post what you've read here and I'll put entries in for you.

For your finishers prize go ahead and call the Main Branch and follow the phone tree to the Children's Room. They will set you up with a curbside appointment to pick it up.

message 6: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Edwards | 9 comments Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes

Hey Alexa..."

Thank you so much.
Ashen Winter, Sunrise, Bookish Boyfriends, Ready Player One, The Princess will save you, Mockingbird

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Alexandria wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "They both die in the end
Ziggy,Stardust, and Me
After ever happy
Emergency contact
We contain multitudes
Will Grayson, Will Gra..."

I have put another entry in for you! =)