Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

A book I can't remember. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments Hello everyone!
I need some help in remembering a paranormal romance series I read sometime ago, can't remember the name of the series or the author. More than 3 parts of the series have been released, it is an amazing read full of heroes with extraordinary abilities, bad witches and deadly vampires, a committee of gods based on the concept of Earth's 5 elements, and has a character named Dominic. In one of the parts, anorexia has been discussed as well. If anyone knows or remembers reading something like that, kindly let me know. Thank you so much. 😊

message 2: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments Some other details:
In one part of the series the leader of the heroes gets united with the woman he loves. He was tortured by a powerful witch in the past and he overcomes his past fears to be with his loved one. The heroes also have animals tattooed on them, they need to keep them in control though. These tattoos can come alive and move around their bodies when not controlled. The leader, for example, has a snake tattoo on his shoulder I guess. Then, in one part, one of the heroes conquers an evil scientist who was experimenting on their kind and had previously killed one of their members, he also rescues a girl from there, turns out she was the daughter of the leader hero and has special powers as well. Then there is this character named Dominic who falls in love with a witch who drinks vampire blood and then turns into a vampire as well, I haven't read their story yet. I really can't remember the name of the characters.

message 3: by Divya (new)

Divya Murugesan Nullathemby (divyamuru) | 4 comments It makes me think of the Carpathians. Maybe you can check and see if it’s indeed that.

Were hunters series also have a character called Dominic and they have tattoos on their arms or bodies and they can change into their spirit animal

message 4: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments It is neither of those, there aren't any werewolves, as far as I remember but thank you very much for your reply. If it is possible, pls forward this to your frnds too who read this genre, thank you. 😊

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments Tattoos that come alive. I KNOW THIS BOOK but I can't find it! aaarggg!

message 6: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments I know how frustrating it is to know it and not know it at the same time! I'm so sorry for making you go through this. Thank you for your reply. 😊 I'm searching as well, will let you know if I manage to find it.

message 7: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (last edited Jun 04, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments I haven't read the book you mention but I am enjoying Googling, so I'll just throw some ideas out there:

Forbidden Blood (House of Comarre, #0.5) by Kristen Painter

Bonded by Blood (Sweetblood, #1) by Laurie London

message 8: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments @PNR Thank you very much for your reply. These aren't the ones I was looking for but they seem good, might give them a read. Thank you. 😄

message 9: by SL (new)

SL Gibson (TTFN121) | 12 comments Have you looked in listopia, to see if any images catches your eye
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...
Lists of YA Vampires, Werewolves, Angels, Shapshifters, Faeries, Mermaids, and Witches, but I'm sure you can find more relevant ones.
Might be worth a try if no one responds with the answer (like myself - sorry)

message 10: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments Souljacker (Lily Bound, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn had a character that can look inside your soul to bring out the tattoo that best suits your personality.

I feel it's so close, but no cigar.

message 11: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #SL I tried but nothing seemed familiar.
#Karen Does sound close, but that is not it.

message 12: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments Maybe this will help-
Each novel has point of views of both the male and female partners, also of other characters since the plot demands it. Each novel ends with an event to be continued in the next. There are numerous characters in the series, they can be grouped as follows-
1. A group of heroes with supernatural abilities, both male and female.
2. A superior committee of gods based on the Earth's five elements including fire, water, air. The heroes are answerable to the gods.
3. Antagonists- Vampires with deadly blood and witches. The notorious vampires are to be killed by the rule of gods.
The plot as I remember:
1. The first part of the series is about a hero who has come in contact with vampire blood and is in the midst of transitioning. He is in hiding to escape the wrath of the committee of gods. The idea is that vampire blood is deadly, once drunk or bitten by a vamp, the hero either dies or turns into a vampire slave to a vampire master. Very rarely does one hero successfully avoids being turned into a vampire, the process is very very painful. The female lead here thinks of herself as a human but is found to be a hero as well.
*SPOILER ALERT* The hero survives, gets united with his loved one, surrenders himself to the committee, is found innocent with the help of the leader of his group. The female hero has the power of communicating with others by establishing a mind link, she learns to use her power and can locate others as well.
2. Another part of the series is about the main leader of heroes, he is responsible for the protection of all, he is the oldest among all the heroes, has a snake tattoo on his shoulder and back which he has to control otherwise he loses his sense of reality destroying everything thing in his wake. He also represents the group in front of committee of gods. He has a very painful past that he needs to overcome to be with his loved one.
*SPOILER ALERT* The hero was tortured and kept as a captor by a witch for a lot of time. He was forced to cheat on his loved one in order to protect his kind. The female lead had a baby with him she never told him about. She was told that her daughter had died after birth though later we come to know that her daughter was stolen for her powers. They all get united at the end though.
3. Another novel is about a hero who saves a damsel from an evil scientist who was experimenting on their kind and had killed one of their members. This book also discusses anorexia.
*SPOILER ALERT* The female he rescues turns out to be the leader's lost daughter.
4. In the books described above we get glimpses of a character named "Dominic" (I'm not sure now that his name was this only), he is one of the heroes, his part was yet to be released then. Dominic falls in love with a witch who is being fooled by a vampire.
*SPOILER ALERT* Dominic has a one night stand with a girl, who confronts him after sometime. Turns out, she was a witch, is pregnant with his child and has drunk vampire blood. Dominic with the help of fellow members decides to help the witch, he takes full responsibility for her and his child, though she turns into a vampire and loses the baby as well. Dominic is separated from her and falls madly in love with her.
These are more finely put details. It is am amazing novel for sure.

message 13: by CB (new)

CB (cb33) | 83 comments The epicness of this series reminded me of Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians series, but having read a few of those books, it's not that.

However, I looked up the series to see what other books were listed as being similar, and it's a good list, maybe check some of these out: https://www.goodreads.com/book/simila...

I looked at the list, and a couple caught my eye that had elements of your description:

Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher by Shannon K. Butcher
Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2) by Laura Wright by Laura Wright

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah | 21 comments The City Beneath The City Beneath (Night Blood, #1) by Melody Johnson

Is this it?

message 15: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #L.M. Warren No, this is not the one. :(
Thank you very much for your help. Will make sure I post the name as soon as I get it. 😃

message 16: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #CB No these aren't the ones either.
I'll look into the link. And will read your recommendations. Thank you so much. 😊

message 17: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments Can you tell me the publication date if you know it? Maybe year of pub?

message 18: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments I think I read these books. Give me some time. The men were knights that lost a battle long ago and became immortal while fighting evil. Five woman descendants of a powerful wizard or god meant to be their mate. Only with the mating can they unleash their power. I seem to remember the first daughter's name was Chantal or Chantel, who then has to locate the second sister and so on. If it is this series, let me know.

message 19: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Daisy Hello, thank you so much for your reply. I don't exactly remember if the plot had these elements you are mentioning, but maybe it did so if you do remember the name of the series or of any novel from the series, kindly let me know. Maybe we are talking about the same novels. Thank you. ☺️

message 20: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments No, I don't remember date of publication. :(

message 21: by Daisy (last edited Jun 13, 2018 05:59AM) (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments The books I mentioned before are part of the Legacies Series by Lora Leigh: https://www.goodreads.com/series/4392.... If you can't find them, send me a pm with your email, I'll do the rest. Epub and Mobi format

Are the books you are searching for erotica?

message 22: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Daisy No, this series is not the one I'm talking about. It wasn't an Erotica per se, I mean there was some adult content but not an erotica exactly. Thank you so much for your help. :)

message 23: by Daisy (last edited Jun 13, 2018 10:47PM) (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments I want to help, but I don't know where to start. I have more than 90,000 books that include general fiction, non-fiction, romance, erotica and teen books. If I had at least part of the tittle! Somewhere there I am sure to find at least one of the books or one of the same author's.
If you are searching as hard, it probably means you did not buy the books at bookstrand, Ellora, All romance or the other ereaders store. So you won't have a receipt to fall back to.
My advice to you will be let it rest for a few days and quit trying to remember, I'm sure it will come back to you at one point or another. Tried it several times myself and when you least expect it, it will come back. Be sure to share. I'll continue to search, but I have still about 62000 books to classify before I can send a real search, because if a title is ambiguous, you need to read a few pages to know where to send it.

message 24: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments FWIW, I went on a Googling spree a couple of times for this because it caught my interest. No manner or combination of search terms brought up anything more than what I posted above. This makes me suspect that the series might be indie or on a tiny press; I think if it was at all mainstream, something would have popped up.

message 25: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Daisy Thank you so much for all your help and a great advice. I'll try not to let it bother me. If it'll come to me, I'll let you guys know. ☺️
#PNR Maybe you are right. If I manage to remember it, I'll share it here. Thank you so much for your help. ☺️

message 26: by SL (new)

SL Gibson (TTFN121) | 12 comments Please do let us know, Crazybeing, trying to search for this had driven me into a crazy being, although, the journey has introduced me to some interesting discoveries and reads.

message 27: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments SL wrote: "Please do let us know, Crazybeing, trying to search for this had driven me into a crazy being, although, the journey has introduced me to some interesting discoveries and reads."

lol

message 28: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments Crazybeing wrote: "#Daisy Thank you so much for all your help and a great advice. I'll try not to let it bother me. If it'll come to me, I'll let you guys know. ☺️
#PNR Maybe you are right. If I manage to remember it..."

At your service
(-)

message 30: by Tamii (new)

Tamii | 7 comments Did you find it?

message 31: by SL (new)

SL Gibson (TTFN121) | 12 comments Daisy wrote: "Check this out:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/6044..."

Crazybeing, is this it? Has Daisy worked her magic and given us the read everyone who has joined this search now desires?

message 32: by SL (new)

SL Gibson (TTFN121) | 12 comments Daisy wrote: "Check this out:

Daizy, what a great find, thank you. Whether it is correct or not, this looks like a very interesting series to get lost in. I feel the crazy leaving me already, lol.

message 33: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments Daisy wrote: "Check this out:

3rd book has a Dominic in it!
Might be it!

message 34: by Deepti (new)

Deepti Patel Patel (deeptipatelkothiya) | 2 comments try Tmonique Stephens

message 35: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Daisy Nope, that's not the one. But yes, it does look like a good read, I'll read this for sure. Thank you so much! :)

message 36: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Deepti Nope, that's not the author I was searching for. Thank you for your reply. :)
#Karen Do you remember reading something like I mentioned in my 'details' comment? I am wondering if its just my imagination, though I know it is not, but it just might be. 😂

message 37: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments Crazybeing wrote: "#Deepti Nope, that's not the author I was searching for. Thank you for your reply. :)
#Karen Do you remember reading something like I mentioned in my 'details' comment? I am wondering if its just ..."

I remember reading about tattoos moving around. I remember something about the h and the guy's tattoo looking at each other.

I mark down every book I read. You might want to check my bookshelf. I've looked it over, but the book just isn't popping out at me. Even the ones on my DNF shelf.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments The tattoos moving about reminds me of a short story I read in an anthology a few years back, it was part of this series by Joycelynn Drake Angel's Ink (The Asylum Tales, #1) by Jocelynn Drake it's UF though, not PNR. But maybe?

message 39: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #HereKittyKitty Nope. I checked, that is not the one either. :( Thank you so much for your reply though. :)

message 40: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
While the series doesn't resemble your description, at least not to my somewhat hazy memory, I'll still suggest Meljean Brook's Guardian series. Demon Angel is the first book in the series. I'm also going to admit I haven't kept up with the series, I think I read the first 3 or 4 and then got side-tracked by all the other great books out there.

message 41: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments I know I told you to let it go for a while, but it keeps banging my head. So I am going to search where I did not before: wikipedia. And I'm not stopping until I have at least a few dozen possibilities.
>_>

message 42: by CrazyUnicorn (last edited Jul 03, 2018 11:17AM) (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 20 comments Could it be Guardians of eternity series by Alexandra Ivy?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/4093...

Or Mageverse by Angela Knight?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/4053...

message 43: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Luci Nope, neither of those. :(
#Ann Thank you for the recommendation. :)
#Daisy lol, okay, all the best. :)

message 44: by Nancy D Miz-Firefly aka Sparky (last edited Jul 09, 2018 02:31PM) (new)

Nancy D   Miz-Firefly aka Sparky   (miz-firefly) | 4 comments Did you know there is a goodreads group called "What's the Name of That Book"?
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 45: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 17 comments I'm pretty sure this is a Larissa Ion book

message 46: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 17 comments Larissa Ione

message 47: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Nancy Have already posted there.

message 48: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Tasnima Only 1 result showing for Larissa Lone, and that's not it. :(

message 49: by Tamii (new)

Tamii | 7 comments #Crazybeing have you found it yet?

message 50: by Crazybeing (new)

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 29 comments #Tamii No. If I will, I will post it here for sure.

« previous 1