#HPReadathon2018 discussion

#HPReadathon2018 > POA: The villain

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (thataleech) | 40 comments Mod
Who would you argue the true villain of this book is? Why?
- Sirius is treated by the characters as being the villain. How do you see him looking back on the book?

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (ravenclaw_patronus) | 29 comments I think the true villain in this book is Peter Pettigrew. He is the one who betrayed his friend James Potter and his friend's wife Lily Potter and got them killed by Voldemort. Even worse, he tried to pass everything off as if he got murdered by his other friend Sirius and he was content with Sirius taking the blame and being sent to Azkaban for 12 years. That is just so absurd and very cruel. Peter Pettigrew rather stay 12 years as a rat rather than confess to what he did to free his friend from prison. He's no true friend to neither Sirius nor James nor Remus.
As for Sirius, I didn't like him reading the book. Like the characters, I thought Sirius was a bad villain who escaped Azkaban and was working for Voldemort in order to find and kill Harry. I didn't think anything else of him until Harry heard from the professors that Sirius was his godfather and best friend to James and that he betrayed James and Lily. I was fooled by this lie that made me so mad and made me hate Sirius so much. I felt the same way as Harry and didn't trust Sirius when he came to Hogwarts and was found in the Shreiking Shack. Even when Sirius was telling his story, I had a hard time believing it. I only truley started believing Sirius was innocent when Scabbers turned into Peter Pettigrew. This made my views change and I immediately hated Peter and felt bad for Sirius. I started falling in love with Sirius when he asked Harry if he'd love to live with him during the summer. Since that moment, I've always loved Sirius so much.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Wells | 24 comments Throughout the book you are led to believe that Sirius is the villain as obviously people think he is a mass murderer, however once it is revealed that this is all a lie my opinions completely changed. Peter Pettigrew is the true villain of this book, enough said.