Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

TV And Movies > Crime Drama TV

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess I was late in hearing this but I was surprised to hear that The Glades was cancelled on A&E Network. If you're a fan like I am, you had to wonder why since the finale was Jim Longworth being shot in his home.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Walker | 13 comments Yea I loved that show too. I could not believe they left it hanging that way. Just smh.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think at the very least they could have done a few episodes for the last season like they did for Warehouse 13 where they did 6 episodes.
Maybe they didn't do that because Jim went over to USA Network to be in Satisfaction or Rush. Not sure which one it was.

Here's the link on The Glades being cancelled.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/ae_cancel...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure if there are any Castle fans out there but I happened to catch the first show of Taxi Brooklyn on NBC. Seems like a good blend of comedy and action. The lead actress seems a lot like Kate. Wonder if anyone has checked it out.

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 2 comments I'm also a fan of The Glades. I didn't know the shooting was the final episode -- apparently none of us did -- and I kept wondering how they were going to handle that in the next season. Now I know.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, it was not a good way for A&E to end this show on that kind of Cliffhanger. I guess we'll have to use our imagination when we watch Castle since that seems to be a similar finale.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Kind of curious if there is anyone here that watches Perception on TNT. It leaves me shaking my head but I have to say it is creative with those plots.

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Walker | 13 comments Lol! I watch it. I like it tho.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the show also. Really don't know what to expect from that show anymore.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 03, 2014 08:41AM) (new)

Here's an explanation as to why The Glades was cancelled on A&E.

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.c...

message 11: by Kay (new)

Kay | 2 comments Thanks Ron.

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Walker | 13 comments Wow! Thanks Ron. I think A&E were idiots. That was the main show I watched on their network. I guess they are saying oops we made a big mistake behind closed doors. Smh.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

No problem. Might be a while before people start looking at the A&E Network for other shows in the future knowing that this might happen again.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been debating about watching the last six episodes of Revenge. Anybody think it's worth it?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Are there fans out there for the TV series Unforgettable with Poppy Montgomery. Looks like they nearly destroyed a store while filming a scene in Queens.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/q...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's your chance to find out if your favorite TV show has been renewed or cancelled.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifesty...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure if anyone has been watching Braquo on Hulu. Police corruption show in France taking after The Shield. This is my review on my blog.

http://morningcoffeereview.blogspot.c...

message 18: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I don't watch much drama on TV. However, two shows I'm hooked on now are THE STRAIN and THE BRIDGE on FX.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't sure I wanted to watch the Strain after seeing the poster. I couldn't get into The Bridge. The only show I am hooked on on FX now is The Americans. I really enjoy that one.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

The fall season hasn't started yet but there was a film crew in Forest Hills for The Blacklist today.

http://edgeofthecityblog.blogspot.com...

http://edgeofthecityblog.blogspot.com/

message 21: by MaryJo (new)

MaryJo Dawson | 121 comments The only current tv crime show we really like at our house is Bluebloods. I really like the Reagan family.
or, I did.
we don't have cable, so beginning in September we will
be able to watch the latest season via Netflix.
sure hope they kept up the good work with this series.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Have to say that Taxi Brooklyn seems like a great summer hit especially if you like Castle.

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

This seems like a bizarre show. The Leftovers on HBO. Review is from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/enterta...

message 24: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) The Leftovers is based on the book by Tom Perrotta

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for letting me know about this. I just added this book to my wish list on Kindle.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Keanu Reeves will be in Rain, the Barry Eisler's series. This should be good.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainmen...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

My family watches a ton of tv. I like to have something in the background to listen to while cooking and such. My favorites in the summer are Longmire, which I think is an outstanding series, Unforgettable and I have loved watching The Strain, also. There are many that start back up in the fall but my favorite is Hannibal. I also love Bones, Castle, Criminal Minds . . . the list is endless.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathryn wrote: "My family watches a ton of tv. I like to have something in the background to listen to while cooking and such. My favorites in the summer are Longmire, which I think is an outstanding series, Unf..."

Kind of tough for me to find some good shows. I enjoy Unforgettable, Bones, and Castle. Been watching Brooklyn Taxi which is good, especially if you like Castle.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2014 04:46AM) (new)

How about that season finale of Perception. Anybody see it? That really came out of left field.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone been watching Legend on TNT? I'll probably check it out today. Have to make sure to watch it fast because Time Warner swipes the episodes off inDemand really quick.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Ron wrote: "Anyone been watching Legend on TNT? I'll probably check it out today. Have to make sure to watch it fast because Time Warner swipes the episodes off inDemand really quick."

Yes, Ron. My husband and I have watched the first two episodes of Legends. We like it but it was a tad confusing until you realize that his problem is becoming like the legend that he is portraying. Good show, though.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Another new show that my husband and I have enjoyed this summer is The Last Ship. The finale is Sunday and should be good.

message 33: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Ron wrote: "Keanu Reeves will be in Rain, the Barry Eisler's series. This should be good.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainmen..."

Keanu Reeves? Really? *groans*

message 34: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Kathryn wrote: "My family watches a ton of tv. I like to have something in the background to listen to while cooking and such. My favorites in the summer are Longmire, which I think is an outstanding series, Unf..."

I really need to start watching that. Other than THE FIRST 48, it's the only series on A&E that looks even semi-watchable. (Remember when A&E stood for ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT?)

message 35: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Kathryn wrote: "Another new show that my husband and I have enjoyed this summer is The Last Ship. The finale is Sunday and should be good."

I wish I'd started watching that when it came on, but it started while I was traveling back from Boston to Washington State.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathryn wrote: "Ron wrote: "Anyone been watching Legend on TNT? I'll probably check it out today. Have to make sure to watch it fast because Time Warner swipes the episodes off inDemand really quick."

Yes, Ron...."

I can see that so far.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I am so mad right now to have read that A&E cancelled Longmire! It was an eagerly anticipated summer show for my household. At least they are shopping it around so hopefully it will be picked up by another network with more brains. The only thing I watch on A&E now is Bates Motel. Hope that one isn't next.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Seems that A&E doesn't know how to cancel shows properly. They cancelled the Glades on a huge cliffhanger and left us hanging. Now Longmire. I never watched the show but I'm surprised that they're shopping it around. That usually doesn't happen. I hope it continues.

message 39: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Scott | 18 comments I was unhappy they canceled the Glades, but not to awfully surprised they dumped Longmire. It had two great seasons but this last one was meh. We went from can't miss it, to DVRing and watching when we'd run out of other stuff. I'm just bummed I have to wait until January for more of Cold Justice.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynne wrote: "I was unhappy they canceled the Glades, but not to awfully surprised they dumped Longmire. It had two great seasons but this last one was meh. We went from can't miss it, to DVRing and watching w..."

I guess in my case, I'm always DVRing or watching InDemand. Never seem to watch shows live anymore.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Mike wrote: "We've watched the first episode of Legends and DVR'd the second. I had mixed feelings about it from one episode but I'll stay with it for a while."

I think it's better than most shows right now but that's not saying much. Second episode seemed better than the first one.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Not that I mean to change the subject but if more people are DVRing, then how does Nielsen keep track of the TV ratings if more people are watching shows when they want instead of live. Seems to me that the ratings would be skewed yet more shows are getting cancelled because of a lack of ratings.

message 43: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Scott | 18 comments Mike wrote: "We've watched the first episode of Legends and DVR'd the second. I had mixed feelings about it from one episode but I'll stay with it for a while."

I'll give Legends one more episode, but I'm not overly impressed. I ditched Murder in the First after the 3rd episode earlier this season. I still love Major Crimes though and look forward to it coming back.

Ron, I think the Nielsen viewers require active participation by keying in certain things at certain times.

message 44: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Scott | 18 comments I like dramas and books that involve units/teams so Major Crimes works well for me. Great humor and some interesting cases and solves. BTW - My TBR stack just grew. I'm a KU reader and downloaded Firestorm - looks good.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ron wrote: "Lynne wrote: "I was unhappy they canceled the Glades, but not to awfully surprised they dumped Longmire. It had two great seasons but this last one was meh. We went from can't miss it, to DVRing ..."

That's what we do at my house. We are in bed before most of our shows come on. If it wasn't for the DVR we'd miss most everything. We use On Demand to catch up if we go camping.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Nielsen now uses info on what shows are watched with three days of recording, if I'm not mistaken.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I would think that they also keep track of shows that we watch onDemand as well.

I have found in some cases that when I record a show on my DVR, I hear someone reading the captions during the show. I don't think I have turned anything on on my remote. Time Warner said to reset the box. That hasn't worked all the time though. Then again, there are always long lines at the TIme Warner office for people who want to switch boxes.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

We have DirecTV so that's what our On Demand is through. My internet speed isn't wicked fast and if the kids are home hogging the wifi, we just download it to watch later.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Mike wrote: "Ron wrote: "I would think that they also keep track of shows that we watch onDemand as well.

I have found in some cases that when I record a show on my DVR, I hear someone reading the captions ..."

Sounds good to me.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Simin wrote: "I'm currently watching "The blacklist". I really like the show. I really like the cases they solve and I like James spader. He is awesome."

One of my favorite shows. Looking forward to the new season.

« previous 1 3 4 5