Challenge Corner discussion

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about Beautiful Chaos
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia -> Starting June 1st, 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63465 comments Mod
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What — or who — will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself — forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments Ok so it's been awhile since I've read the first two so hopefully I remember most of it lol

20%: (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments 46%: (view spoiler)

Tijana | 51 comments Page 30 and I already got my first goosebumps!
Couldn't remember why I loved this series that much until I got back to reading it 😁

Tijana | 51 comments P.150
I am enjoying this, the same writing style and characters I loved so much years ago, but it does feel like this sequel had been written just for a sake of having another sequel.
Prolonging the story for no good reason, what it seems so far to me.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments Tijana wrote: "P.150
I am enjoying this, the same writing style and characters I loved so much years ago, but it does feel like this sequel had been written just for a sake of having another sequel.
Prolonging th..."

There is a lot of dragging in this one. It's like just get to good stuff! Haha

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments 59%: (view spoiler)

Tijana | 51 comments P.220
I'm starting to get really annoyed with Ethan not telling so many important things to anyone else!

Also, I'm almost a half way through the book, and still got no idea where this story is going.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments I think that has been one of the most frustrating things about this book - the fact that no one talks to each other. So many freaking things keep happening to Ethan and he just bottles it up!

Tijana | 51 comments The funny thing is: he doesn't even have a good reason! Not like he doesn't trust them, just that he doesn't feel like talking.

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments Typical teenage boy! LOL

message 12: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2463 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Tijana | 51 comments P.335
It hurts me to say this, but Beautiful Chaos bores me.
Decided I'll finish this tonight tho, even if it took me whole night, so I honestly hope something exciting will happen.