Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (last edited Jun 01, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

Fishface | 14075 comments IMDB linky: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580036/...

I just rented this and will report. The guy at the counter said he LOVED it. At first glance I assumed it would be some sort of treatment of the novelized story of Patty Hearst, I, Tania, but then I saw the grumpy figure skater on the box and realized my mistake...

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments Did you watch it?
The other day I added it to my watchlist on Hulu.

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 127 comments That would be interesting. I think she was on Dancing With the Stars? I don't watch it, but saw a commercial for an upcoming season.

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14075 comments I'm 55 minutes into it. It's brilliant.

message 5: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1428 comments Saw her on Dancing With The Stars. I was glad she did well. Seems like she needs a break.

message 6: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14075 comments If it all went down the way the movie says it did, she's actually blameless. I hope they paid her well for the rights to her story.

message 7: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1428 comments Fishface wrote: "If it all went down the way the movie says it did, she's actually blameless. I hope they paid her well for the rights to her story."

I haven't seen the movie, but I've always felt she said something in jest about doing something to Nancy and the bodyguard took it seriously. Is that how the movie portrayed it?

message 8: by Fishface (last edited Jun 03, 2018 07:14AM) (new)

Fishface | 14075 comments Koren wrote: "Fishface wrote: "If it all went down the way the movie says it did, she's actually blameless. I hope they paid her well for the rights to her story."

I haven't seen the movie, but I've always felt..."

Not exactly. It's even dumber than that. There's a TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL feel to the whole story -- Shakespearian tragedy as interpreted by the cast of IDIOCRACY.

message 9: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1428 comments Fishface wrote: "Koren wrote: "Fishface wrote: "If it all went down the way the movie says it did, she's actually blameless. I hope they paid her well for the rights to her story."

I haven't seen the movie, but I'..."

I see Amazon Prime has it to rent for $5.99. I've never paid to rent a movie thru them so I will think about it.

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Kratky (bolorkay) | 14 comments The film is worth it, IMHO if for nothing else other than the performances of Margot Robbie and Allison Janney. (a very "spooky" performance to say the least.) The story, whether you believe the film's interpretation or not can be a very uncomfortable experience to sit through albeit well made. For me, not a film that I could sit through multiple times.

message 11: by Koren (last edited Jun 07, 2018 02:47PM) (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1428 comments Robert wrote: "The film is worth it, IMHO if for nothing else other than the performances of Margot Robbie and Allison Janney. (a very "spooky" performance to say the least.) The story, whether you believe the fi..."

Is it appropriate for a pre-teen?

message 12: by Fishface (last edited Jun 08, 2018 10:47AM) (new)

Fishface | 14075 comments It's fine unless you're worried about exposing them to strong language. Some people also get the snot beaten out of them right on screen.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments I’ve heard about that story