Monthly Challenges discussion

June 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Jul 01, 2018 01:21AM) (new)

Diana S | 1849 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Boat People by Sharon Bala The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah White Houses by Amy Bloom Halsey Street by Naima Coster Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan & The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1) by Rachel Caine Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (Flavia de Luce, #9) by Alan Bradley

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 338 comments Here are my five:
Brief Cases (The Dresden Files #15.1) by Jim Butcher The Unquiet (Charlie Parker, #6) by John Connolly Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye The Child Thief by Brom The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff

message 3: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 771 comments Bethany, I pick:

Brief Cases (The Dresden Files #15.1) by Jim Butcher The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff

My five:
Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffman Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson The Summer Bride (Chance Sisters, #4) by Anne Gracie Estate of Mind (Den of Antiquity, #6) by Tamar Myers Duchesses in Disguise A Regency novella Anthology by Grace Burrowes

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 543 comments For Linda I pick
Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffman Estate of Mind (Den of Antiquity, #6) by Tamar Myers

My five are
Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer Dial M for Mousse (Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery #3) by Laura Bradford The Life She Was Given by Ellen Marie Wiseman Walk to Beautiful The Power of Love and a Homeless Kid Who Found the Way by Jimmy Wayne Dead Angler (A Loon Lake Mystery, #1) by Victoria Houston

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 497 comments For Amber I pick
Walk to Beautiful The Power of Love and a Homeless Kid Who Found the Way by Jimmy Wayne Dead Angler (A Loon Lake Mystery, #1) by Victoria Houston

My five are
My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler Summer by Edith Wharton Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke

message 6: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 1849 comments Mod
For Marilyn I Pick:
Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke & Summer by Edith Wharton

My five are:
The Nature of the Beast (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #11) by Louise Penny You Will Not Have My Hate by Antoine Leiris Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan Summer by Edith Wharton

message 7: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 04, 2018 02:12PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments For Diane I pick:
The Nature of the Beast (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #11) by Louise Penny and Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

My five choices are:
Honeymoon with My Brother A Memoir by Franz Wisner Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzmán by Louis de Bernières

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Can someone pick for me?

message 9: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 497 comments For Tessa I pick:

Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian & The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzmán by Louis de Bernières