Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

June 2018: The Song of Achilles > POLL: Suggestions for July 2018

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Jun 16, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
Make your suggestions for July's pick here to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page if possible. This month's selection from the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy listopia is On Basilisk Station.

The poll will go up around June 9th and will end June 23rd. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Poll FAQ.

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 31 comments I would like to nominate:

The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraberestecki) | 163 comments I nominate Her Purrfect Match because it seems like a good silly summer read :)

message 4: by Trina (new)

Trina Dubya (trina_dubya) I'm delighted to see On Basilisk Station as a selection, as I've been meaning to read it for some time!

I nominate The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Korzeniewski | 3 comments Janet Evanovich! Her Stephanie Plum series will keep you laughing 😂

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 1 comments The Goddess’ Respite by Richard Shoptaw

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (diamond_rebel) | 108 comments The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

Trina wrote: "I'm delighted to see On Basilisk Station as a selection, as I've been meaning to read it for some time!

I nominate The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde."

This was our ALT for July 2017.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (redbirdwings) | 17 comments Have we done a Gail Carriger book yet, like Soulless?

message 10: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments Yes we did Soulless in March 2012. We also had Sumage Solution more recently (as an alt I think)

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (redbirdwings) | 17 comments Sanasai wrote: "Yes we did Soulless in March 2012. We also had Sumage Solution more recently (as an alt I think)"

Okay. Thanks for checking. I'm still catching up on the group's bookshelf. (Not that I'll likely come close to finishing it any time soon.)

If we're looking for silly reads, then I would like to nominate Trickery by Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington.

message 12: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments No problem, I have the Soulless month/year memorized! lol It's a very popular book among us all. :D

message 13: by Trina (new)

Trina Dubya (trina_dubya) One of these days, I will remember to look at past books and alt books before I make a suggestion. Thanks, Sean.

message 14: by Aimee (new)

Aimee The Beguiled by Thomas Cullinan

message 16: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 13 comments I nominate Etiquette for an Apocalypse by Anne Mendel. It was a thrilling fun read and the cover is awesome. I would also second Stephanie Plum's "One for the Money". They'd both be good beach reads.

message 17: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve | 8 comments Yay, Honor Harrington! Great book and series! :)

message 18: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Jun 16, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

The poll is now open.

The Goddess’ Respite and Etiquette for an Apocalypse were not added because they did not have 100 star ratings.

Due to my getting the poll up late, it will run until the end of the month instead of the 23rd.

message 19: by Sean Lookielook (new)

To those of you who voted for "Justice Calling", please change your vote. That was our alt pick for last month.

message 20: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Also, "Burn for Me" was a hiatus pick from Nov 2017.