SQHS YLL discussion

Bloodline (Star Wars)
This topic is about Bloodline
Star Wars: Bloodline

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrian (new) - added it

Adrian | 10 comments This book takes place 20 years after the Return of the Jedi movie. Leia Organa has a child named Ben and is married to Han Solo. She also has pursued politics in the New Republic as a senator. But there is a rift forming between the two main political parties, the Populists and the Centrists. There is also a cartel run by Riverrin Di that is raiding merchant ships. Leia volunteers to go investigate along with C-3PO, an X-Wing pilot named Joph Seastriker, and a senator named Ransolm Casterfo. A dangerous adventure waits for them.

I enjoyed this book. It is nice to read Star Wars stories that happen between movies. The plot was interesting. However, most of the book was low-energy but there were some good action scenes. I did not care for the politics in the story. It kind of bored me. I still like the characters though. Joph Seastriker was a cocky pilot who came through when he needed to. It’s nice they included C-3PO in this story. I recommend this novel to people who like Star Wars and a mostly laid-back story.

message 2: by Cruz (new)

Cruz Meza | 11 comments it sound like a book that would peek my interests it worth looking in to.

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika Thorsen | 47 comments Mod
I've read a lot of Star Wars books (most were written sometime ago), and they follow a different future than the one in the recent movies. So it surprised me to hear that Leia has a son named Ben in this story, since that is definitely in line with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Is this a new book, one written just in the last few years?