SQHS YLL discussion

Lethal (Lee Coburn #1)
This topic is about Lethal
Lethal - Sandra Brown

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Honor Gillette is a widowed mother with a kind heart and beautiful little girl. Her world is soon flipped upside down by a man named of Lee Coburn who is suspected of killing seven people the night before. He claims to Honor that her dead husband, a former policeman, held something extremely valuable and it must be uncovered. Frightened and afraid for the lives of her and her child, she complies with Coburn's demand to search her home. However, Honor soon finds that more and more questions arise about who Coburn really is, why exactly her husband died, and who is controlling her small Louisiana town. As the mystery continues and the action fires up, a budding romance evolves from an unexpected duo and Honor's past begins to erupt into a full-blown conspiracy.

I have fallen in love with so many of Brown's romantic suspense books and Lethal did not disappoint! Like many of Brown’s stories, the male love interest is more of the rugged and cold-hearted type at first but then transitions into an open and more loving character as the reader obtains more information and context. The wonderful thing about Lethal was that it was more action-packed than any of her other books I’ve read. There were so many twists and turns such as when the item Coburn is searching for turns up in such an unexpected place after the reader was almost made to believe it would never be found. The chemistry between Honor, Coburn, and Honor’s daughter Emily just melted my heart and made the story so much more enjoyable. One aspect that Brown could work on might be making every character play a key role. I felt bored and apathetic during the chapters covering Diego and by the end of the book, I didn’t really see the point of his character.

message 2: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Kley | 11 comments Did Coburn kill prior to meeting Gillette because of what he believes she possesses? And what makes Coburn such an important character?

message 3: by Cruz (new)

Cruz Meza | 11 comments wow this book looks and sounds like a book I would want to read so just one question is the book worth the read or in other words would you read it again.

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 12 comments This seems like an action-packed book that I might enjoy. What other types of books does Brown write? Or are they mostly suspenseful books with romance?

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Dylan wrote: "This seems like an action-packed book that I might enjoy. What other types of books does Brown write? Or are they mostly suspenseful books with romance?"
Brown mostly writes romantic suspense books, but some are more specifically mystery and some are a mix of all three genres. Her books also have a significant amount of sex scenes so if you do choose to read one of hers and would feel uncomfortable with that type of thing, I would check to see if its one of her more sexual books or more toned down.

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Cruz wrote: "wow this book looks and sounds like a book I would want to read so just one question is the book worth the read or in other words would you read it again."
There aren't many books I would read again, only because I feel it takes all the suspense away from what I'm reading. I like to be shocked by each twist and turn, especially when reading Brown's stories. However, If I had to choose a book to read again, I would definitely read this one.

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Destiny wrote: "Did Coburn kill prior to meeting Gillette because of what he believes she possesses? And what makes Coburn such an important character?"
I don't want to reveal too much about Coburn as he is a significant character in the story, but I will say that he did kill before meeting Honor Gillette. To answer your other question, Coburn is an important character because he is really the main person trying to investigate the people who control Honor's town and the death of her husband. He changes Honor's life forever and the book would most definitely not be the same without him.

message 8: by Hannah (last edited Jun 05, 2018 02:35PM) (new)

Hannah | 16 comments This book sound like a good book and I'm instead in the book and is it worth reading. how did the husband get killed

message 9: by Jami (new)

Jami Wallace | 14 comments Sounds like a book i'd read, is there anything that you didn't like? Who was favorite character and why? This book actually sounds really interesting