Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

How We End Up
This topic is about How We End Up
Awards > Book Award

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments My book has been Awarded Finalist in the Fiction: Literary category of the 2018 International Book Awards. I would like the award to be included. How can I do so? Thank you.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Please provide a link to the award website or announcement.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Done. Finalists are shown as nominees.

message 5: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Where will this appear?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments It is on the book page in the Literary Awards section. That (and other) details can be seen if you click "More Details" below the publish information, in case you do not already have that section expanded.

message 7: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Ok. But I was awarded finalist, not listed as a nominee. See the text below from the email I received, especially the last statement.

May 27, 2018

Congratulations!

The results of the 2018 International Book Awards have been announced.

Your book has been honored as a "Finalist" in the "Fiction: Literary" category:

-----------------------------------------------------

How We End Up by Douglas Wells
TouchPoint Press
978-1-946920-38-6

Finalist
Fiction: Literary

-----------------------------------------------------

A complete list of winners and finalists in each category can be found at:
http://www.internationalbookawards.co...

Finalists can use the following verbiage:

"Award Winning Finalist in the Fiction: Literary category of the 2018 International Book Awards" or something similar to this statement.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Yes, I know. As I posted above, finalists are listed as nominees.

message 9: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Sorry to quibble, but this is important to me. I just looked at the awards announcement. Where does it say "nominees?"

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments This is the way the awards module at Goodreads works.

message 11: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Ok. I just went to the awards page, and the book listed below mine is a nominee for the previous year's award; however, Finalist is included in parentheses.

message 12: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Page 5

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments I expanded the description on the award page for clarification. As only finalists for this award are shown as nominees, there is no need for further clarification.

message 14: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wells (goodreadscomauthordouglaswells) | 8 comments Very good. Thank you very much. Thank you for your patience.
Regards,

Douglas