What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance, orphaned twins, switch places.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Keegan | 1 comments I’m looking for a book I read back in the late 80’s early 90’s. Twins, a brother and sister are orphaned and due to be split up. She is supposed to go to a nunnery and he is supposed to go live with a wealthy, potential noble like a duke or Earl. Neither want to go where they are supposed to and she takes his place posing as him, while he goes and does his own thing, maybe working on a ship.
She arrives in England, I think, definitely Europe, posed as her brother. She is very feminine despite her attempts and after awhile he discovers her secret. She is then set to enter society properly but they end up falling in love.
One detail I remember is he had a bad reputation, known as a rake or rogue, and there might be some reference to his as a devil or lion which is a symbol of his families sigma and his reputation.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Seduced by Virginia Henley maybe? Though the brother appears to have gone missing at sea, so not exactly a switch.

message 3: by CSD (new)

CSD | 3 comments I'm looking for this book as well- it isn't Seduced or Switch (Lynsday Sands). Was the title ever found?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Stephanie, are you still looking or was this found?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Seduced (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Virginia Henley (other topics)