Literally Leander discussion

One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
This topic is about One of Us Is Lying
Book Discussions - 2018 > First Impressions - September

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leander Public Library (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:04PM) (new) - added it

Leander Public Library | 155 comments Mod
The book for September 2018 is One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus.

Inspired in part by "The Breakfast Club," One of Us is Lying, is Karen McManus's debut novel. It is a mystery featuring secrets and betrayals, and was one of the nominees for the Goodreads 2017 Choice Awards for young adult fiction.

Are there any major fans of "The Breakfast Club?" Are you looking forward to seeing how the book translates from the movie?

Kristen | 145 comments To be honest, I wasn't sure that I was going to like One of Us is Lying but was pleasantly surprised. I adore The Breakfast Club and thought you could see a lot of that within the storyline.

In fact, it kinda makes me want to go watch The Breakfast Club. :)

message 3: by Christine (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christine | 130 comments I read this book in January. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but ended up really liking it. I heard it marketed as The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars. I liked both The Breakfast Club and Pretty Little Liars, but did not love them like I loved this book.