Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Indieworld News & Opportunities > 2018/2019 SWAG BAG PROMO

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4639 comments Mod
It's that time again, and Brittney will be making the new Swag Bag list. Below is a list of all the award show your books will be included in.

This is how it works:

People send as many books as they want. It's not required. Brittney makes a brochure that will feature whoever joins the Swag Bag. The list will be closed August 31st for the year.

We Will Only Except ONE Title Per Author.

If you want your physical books in a specific award show, please email with the details.

We need:
1) Cover jpg
2) Title
3) Author Name
4) Genre

Please send to: cnbbook@gmail.com

The dates are from LAST YEARS shows, we don't have the new dates yet, but will update you when we get them.

Saturday Nov 11 Governors Awards
Sunday Nov 19 – American Music Awards
November 27 - Gotham Awards *
Friday Jan 5 - AFI Awards luncheon *
Sunday Jan 7 – Golden Globes
Wednesday Jan 10 - People's Choice Awards
Thursday Jan 11 - Critics Choice *
Jan 15 - NAACP Image Awards*
Saturday Jan 20 PGA Awards
Sunday Jan 21 Sag Awards
Friday Jan 26 - Ace Eddie Awards*
Saturday Jan 27 Art Director’s Guild Awards
Saturday Feb 3 DGA Awards
Saturday Feb 3 Annie Awards
Tuesday Feb 5 - Oscar Nominee Lunch*
Saturday Feb 10 USC Scripter Awards
Sunday Feb 11 WGA Awards
Friday Feb 18 ASC Awards
Sunday Feb 18 Bafta Awards
Saturday Feb 24 - CAS Awards*
Saturday March 3 Spirit Awards
Saturday March 3 Bafta Tea party
Sunday March 4 - Oscars

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments How do Brits get their physical books over to you, Carole? Ordinary post or can the author order in the UK and the US prints it and sends to you.

Sorry, thicko me again. I've just today received the first author copy of my time travel romance. So this is all new to me.

What opportunities you put before us!

message 3: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments I was going to ask that. I’ve finally got a book I can put in but don’t know what the process would be.

message 4: by Carole (new)

Order it the cheapest way you can- once you email me- to get on the list- I will send Travis's address in LA. You will ship directly to him.

message 5: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments I have emailed. Thanks for doing this again.

message 6: by Carole (new)

Happy to share my resources, Debz

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 217 comments What I have done is set up an account on Amazon in both the UK and Canada. I order the book and have it shipped to the local individual. Even though I am paying full price for the book, I more than make it up in the savings on shipping. If you are overseas, consider setting up an account on the US Amazon site, and ship the book(s) direct to Travis.

Carole--are you accepting bookmarks again?

message 8: by Carole (new)

sure

message 9: by Carole (new)

I usually put out books at the Sony Show- If anyone wants their books there- let me know. I do a giveaway based on the theme of their show- Last year was tea- so I did a teacup and a teabag and a good book.

The year before was a day at the beach- so I did beach reads- I don't know what theme they have yet- but a lot of employees from Sony in LA goes to the show and usually stop by our booth. I know the books are enjoyed- because I did a different party in March and many Sony guests came up to me and told me how much they love the books. No pressure- I'm just saying. I'll be having a bunch of mine and Michael's there.

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 217 comments What is the date of the Sony show? I don't see it on the list.

message 11: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 464 comments Anita wrote: "What is the date of the Sony show? I don't see it on the list."

My question, as well.

message 12: by Carole (new)

We didn't put the Sony Show on the list. We don't make a brochure for that- We just send books to go in the booth to be given away.

If anyone wants to send their books- email me and I'll send Travis's address. We'll send him a note that those books are for the Sony show.

message 13: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Woods (mjwoodsbooks) | 41 comments Carole, if we wanted to do physical books, how many are we talking that we'd be required provide?

This seems like an exciting promotion and I'd love to be included if the cost is feasible for me.

Thanks!

message 14: by Carole (new)

Sure- if you can't afford to send books- I'll include you on the sheet. We send out about four different books for each bag along with treats. Publisher's Weekly and now Forward Review will include an issue in there as well.

It's prestigious and exciting. People attending the events look forward to our swag bag. I don't know if it ever brought anyone a sale, but wouldn't you want your book to be the one in someone's hands when a paparazzi snaps a picture?

message 15: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Carole wrote: "I usually put out books at the Sony Show- If anyone wants their books there- let me know. I do a giveaway based on the theme of their show- Last year was tea- so I did a teacup and a teabag and a g..."

Carole, are children's books appropriate at the Sony Show?

message 16: by Carole (new)

Yes. You can send those.

message 17: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments thanks, Carole

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone I just joined this group. Sounds exciting!
When do books have to be sent for Sony Show and when is deadline?

message 19: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Woods (mjwoodsbooks) | 41 comments Carole wrote: "Sure- if you can't afford to send books- I'll include you on the sheet. We send out about four different books for each bag along with treats. Publisher's Weekly and now Forward Review will include..."

Okay, I'll email you!! :) Thanks!

message 20: by Carole (new)

The Sony show is in October- I don't have a date or theme yet. But you can send them out to be stored for it.

Anyone who send will be put in the award bag brochure- please send the info that Brit needs to cnbbook@gmail.com. She'll be making next year's sheet up next week and when it's done- it's done. It take her about four days to produce one of these sheets.

message 21: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hockaday | 79 comments Hi. Sounds like a great opportunity. Are poetry books acceptable? And when do the books need to be sent? I live in the U.S. and if I am able to mail the book it would have to be shipped from Amazon and not directly from me.

message 22: by Carole (new)

yes

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread