What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fantasy/romance about a girl who follows a boy stranger and discovers her destiny. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyanne (new)

Cheyanne Rhodes | 3 comments I read the book, may or may not have been a series, on a kindle sometime between '08 and 2014 but it didn't seem that old, actually might have been new, and I apologize for the wide time span.

SPOILERS

I'm going to drop as many details as possible. The girl follows this boy stranger on a journey to save the world from something, she has some kind of power like creating or destroying worlds or alternate universes, and along the way she gets a pet bear which I remember specifically because I grew up wishing I could have one after reading. The girl and boy obviously fall in love, but throughout their journey the bear grows older and takes on a protective role for the girl as they race against time and run away from someone in order to achieve their goal. In the end I generally remember the girl nearly dying and I think a world or universe imploded and sucked some people in with it or almost did.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
A long shot - Virtual Mode by Piers Anthony?

Cheyanne, can you describe the locations - realistic Earth (country, region); future Earth; or only fantasy worlds? How do they travel between worlds/universes? Are computers involved?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - how and where they meet, rich/poor, family/friends, etc.? Does the boy have special powers?

message 5: by Cheyanne (new)

Cheyanne Rhodes | 3 comments There weren’t an strange looking aliens or anything just powerful advanced humans if that makes sense? It seemed Earth based because they were chased through a mall at one point but their travel was mental I believe like a telepathic instant relocation kinda like in Harry Potter Deathly Hallows but to another world or dimension. No computers are involved and it was most likely originated and based on solely the US but not futuristic. The female protagonist was the average girl not rich or anything but not broke, but I believe her parents died, which is why she was free roaming the worlds with this guy? They may have just died or been killed at the start of the book. The girl and boy have seemingly no connection other than the boy came seeking her out to both protect her and save the worlds from some evil person or entity that was destroying worlds. The boy didn’t seem too significant power wise other than a general protector of the girl and he seemed to be on his own too which was something they could relate on. He was strong and fast thought making him really good at protecting her. I also feel like I just created my own story but I really hope this is accurate

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Are any of these suggestions your book?

message 7: by Cheyanne (new)

Cheyanne Rhodes | 3 comments Sorry I got sidetracked trying to answer all of the original questions but from the summaries I’ve read they aren’t the book. The main girl was either an only child or her family died but she had nowhere near 7 siblings and one other scene that keeps popping into my head is the girl and boy running through a maze to escape from pursuers near the start of the novel and then out into a forest where they hike and travel for a long time as they try to find out what to do and where to go, which is where they meet the previously mentioned bear.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Cheyanne, are you still looking for this or did you find it?