Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Palmfire (new)

Palmfire | 30 comments Summer break started about a week ago and I’m already bored. I thought that I should help improve my editing skill by using this, so here I am! I enjoy sci-fi, mystery, psychological, basically anything that’s not fantasy or romance (unless you can convince me to read your manuscript) I don’t really have much to swap, only a few short stories, but it would be great if someone would read my stuff for exchange (that MIGHT convince me to read a romance) I don’t want to read a book over 100k unless I think it’s amazing, but I don’t like the the short stuff either. Anything between 10k and 75k is what I’m looking for, but if it’s a little longer or shorter, I won’t discriminate. Please be ready to send me the first chapter of your manuscript if you decide to take up my service!

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire | 21 comments Palmfire

message 3: by Claire (new)

message 4: by Claire (new)

Will you read a mystery?

Cam Girl Murders. 82,500 words.

If you are interesting e-mail me at dcymai@aol.com

message 5: by Jakeel (new)

Jakeel Campbell | 10 comments I am seeking Readers for the 1st half of my book. It is a Light Novel about a guy transferred into a medieval world fantasy world with magic by a dragon who lends him his power to complete a job-killing"Heros." The MC is an overpowered character thanks to his newfound power. The target audience for me is high school to college.

I am seeking feedback and recommendations on what is written so far. I have trouble with using different dialects to make characters sound different in a conversation

Jakeel94@yahoo.com

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelsey_simon) | 103 comments Hi Palmfire,

How would you feel about a YA magical realism title? 65K. Feel free to email me at nimoon (dot)writes (at) gmail for more information if you're interest.

Thanks

message 7: by C.M. (new)

C.M. | 1 comments Palmfire,

I have a manuscript (about 87,000 words). It's the story of a wonderful woman (named Mag) who is an Aussie transplant living in San Francisco. She loves her husband, her dog, and the city she lives in. But her marriage has run its course and she feels under-appreciated in life. In her quest to solve her problems, she finds a solution. But what she pursues sends her down a path that exacerbates every issue.

If interested, let me know. And I'll beta for you as well.
cmduncanwriter@gmail.com

message 8: by Trilby (new)

Trilby Plants | 5 comments Interested in completed 95K dark fantasy/horror?

Chaos
Arden McEwan thought she and Kerrick Malone had saved Earth from the clutches of the evil Nadra.

She was wrong.

Now Nadra is back as an eight-legged horror from the darkest pits of Magic, bent on using dolmen gateways to invade Earth and convert all its people into spider-slaves. And without Kerrick to help her, Arden is not sure she can stop Nadra in time.

Arden must make a decision: Face the scourge and her own doom; or trust a stranger she knows nothing about.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott Gregory | 9 comments HI, just read your post, and hope its not out -of-date. I'm a recent reject from Angry Robot who advised via form letter I join a beta group. It may be too long, but hope it fall under the "I love it" category. It's about a young teacher thrown out of the profession and into the streets/addiction and is rescued by a social justice movement dubbed Transhumanism, a cover for a public awareness campaign aimed at marketing the planet to alien bureaucrats to salvage/extend committee meetings. There is an opposing faction that want to cleanse planet for new life strains, judging humanity as an economic/holocene failure. This continues with the budding social movement being squashed via backlash and our hero along with love interest go into hiding in the wilderness on a Wildland firefighting unit. He is ambushed again yet rescued by alien patrons and thrown 100 years into the past at same exact time, different year, along with all primary characters except one that's murdered earlier. A similar series of events repeat in this historical vein, as the opposing faction clash,and lead to an ultimate confrontation. I won't reveal the ending. It has the feeling of a speculative thriller. What do you say? Do you have the time?

message 10: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.