Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Crewel (Crewel World, #1)
This topic is about Crewel
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair 7: Lana and Nicole (June Besties)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5540 comments Pair #7: DYSTOPIA.
⭐️Lana - Contemporary, Fantasy, Dystopia
⭐️Nicole - Fantasy, Dystopia, Romance

Read a book off the YA Dystopias Since The Hunger Games List.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Yay! I’m so excited!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Hi Lana! How did you want to do this? Did you want to read something new to both of us or something from each other’s “read” shelves?

message 4: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Sorry!! I didn’t see any of these comments for some reason!

message 5: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments I did message but that’s okay!

message 6: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Let’s read something new to both of us

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments It’s okay! So from the listopia, I was thinking we could list the books we’re eager to read and then compare?

message 8: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Sure!

Here's mine:
Delirium
Matched
Shatter Me
Wither
Under the Never Sky
Partials
Stitch
Ashfall
Inside Out
Renegade
The 5th Wave
Possession
Under the Never Sky

I could go on, but hopefully that's enough!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Lana wrote: "Sure!

Here's mine:
Delirium
Matched
Shatter Me
Wither
Under the Never Sky
Partials
Stitch
Ashfall
Inside Out
Renegade
The 5th Wave
Possession
Under the Never Sky

I could go on, but hopefully tha..."

Hmmm mmk. I read a lot on that list already but the ones I haven't read are:

Matched
Partials
Stitch
Ashfall
Inside Out
Renegade
The 5th Wave
Possession

The ones I'm most interested in are:

The 5th Wave
Renegade
Possession
Inside Out
Ashfall
Partials

What do you think?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Divergent, Crewel, Pawn, and Mystic City also sounded interesting.

message 11: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Pawn and Mystic City are both super good! I've read them both.

I'm thinking either Renegade, Possession or Crewel. Out of those three, what do you think?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Ughhh I can’t decide! Either Crewel or Possession. I would be fine with either one.

message 13: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Let’s go Crewel then!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Okay great! I can start on it after my finals. So after this Thursday.

message 15: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Okay!! Good luck on your finals :) Those are always rough!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Hey! My tests are finished but I have a wedding to go to this weekend. So I can start Crewel as soon as Monday. How did you want to do this? Just read at our own pace or maybe read a set number of chapters a day/week/or every other day?

message 17: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments What works best for you? I’m open to either!
Also, I hope your tests went well!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Lana wrote: "What works best for you? I’m open to either!
Also, I hope your tests went well!"

There's two week left in the month. So we start Monday, and we can read the first half of the book by Friday and post our thoughts on Friday for the first half then finish the book by next Friday and post our thoughts then? Does that work for you? This seems like the easiest way.

message 19: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Sure!

message 20: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments Thoughts so far:

I started off not being too interested honestly. And all of the thread stuff was confusing. It still kind of is. It also feels a bit abrupt with how the storyline is going. But I’m enjoyed it so far. My favorite character thus far is Jost. I can’t predict who she will end up with, although I think it will be him in the end.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Soooooo I’m so sorry but I actually ended up finishing the book. I was curious about some things and then I just ended up reading further and further and I ended up finishing it.

But I’ll keep my thoughts up to about half the book as we agreed on.

Soo my thoughts are similar to yours in the beginning. The world building is very wonky and not polished. I thought it was interesting that they used the threads of time to control people’s lives.

The best I can explain the world is through the the three fates from Greek mythology. That’s what they reminded me of the whole time thread system of this book. Each thread kinda represents a person’s life span and what happens in it. All their fates and stuff.

I also liked Jost even from the beginning. I like Enora Too. She fills that auntie role. I really don’t like Maela and Erik seems to be too Good to be true.

message 22: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments I finished the book too lol. And then the second... and the third. When I get sucked in, I get sucked in.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 82 comments Oh wow nice! What did you think of the series? And the first book?

Okay so I can talk more about the first book. It reminded me so much of the Giver! Have you read the Giver? This is like a teenage version of it.

message 24: by Lana (new) - added it

Lana Waltosz (lanawaltosz) | 15 comments I thought it was okay. Honestly, I was disappointed with the ending. And the first book, I thought it was pretty good. Not anything life changing, but it definitely wasn't bad! I'd probably give it two or three stars. But it definitely reminded me of The Giver! It also reminded me of another book by him called Gathering Blue.