What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > British Romance: Hero comes home from college and learns his father is marrying heroine's mother the same day. Parents met on a cruise ship, hero thinks she's a gold digger, heroine was 8-11 years old.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Alison, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Important: Are these two books in the same book series? If not, you need to divide your request into 2 separate threads. Our basic rule is one book (or book series) per request. Just ask you need help.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Alison, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Important: Are these two books in the same book series? If not, you need to divide your request in..."

Alison wrote: "Hello: I am trying to remember the name and authors of two books I read in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
Book 1: heroine's mother met the hero father on a cruise ship, the day their parents' got..."

Thank you, and they are two separate books.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Okay, can you please edit the first post and remove Book 2 (which goes in a separate thread/topic)? Otherwise, things will get confusing.

I've added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (using the small "edit" link on the desktop site, not the mobile app).

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Okay, can you please edit the first post and remove Book 2 (which goes in a separate thread/topic)? Otherwise, things will get confusing.

I've added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to ..."

Kris wrote: "Okay, can you please edit the first post and remove Book 2 (which goes in a separate thread/topic)? Otherwise, things will get confusing.

I've added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to ..."

Thank you so much! My granddaughter is teaching me how to use this page, and I will do the corrections asap.

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Alison, could you repost the info for the book you are looking for in this thread? It appears that your original post got completely deleted in the midst of your edits, so now neither book description is here. The subject line has some helpful information, but I'm sure there must be some further details, such as the heroine's age now (I think she can't still be 8-11, haha).

message 6: by Kris (new)

Allison's description of this book:

"I am trying to remember the name and authors of a book I read in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
Heroine's mother met the hero father on a cruise ship. The day their parents' got married, the hero came home from college, and found out for the first time his father is marrying her mother. The heroine I believed was about 8 to 11 years old, the day of their parents' marriage. The heroine also happened to be behind the couch, when she heard the hero called her mother a gold digger on the day of the marriage. All of this took place in Britain."

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40677 comments Mod
Alison, are you still looking for this or did you find it?