Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair 5: Kayla and Anna (June Besties)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jun 04, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 4549 comments Pair #5: MYSTERY.
⭐️Kayla - Fantasy, Sci- Fi, Mystery/Thriller
⭐️Anna - Contemporary Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Cozy Mystery
⭐️Mehsi - Horror

Read a book off the YA/Children Mystery and Horror List.

*Alternate list: Read a book off the 2015 YA Mysteries List.*

message 2: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Ohh. *cheers*Horror/Mystery. Nice!

Hello Kayla and Anna. *waves*

I will check out the list and see what is on there. :)

message 3: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Some books that seem interesting to me. :)

Possess by Gretchen McNeil
Shillingstone Witch (Fiona Frost, #4) by Bon Blossman
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1) by Alvin Schwartz
The Ghost in the Third Row (Nina Tanleven, #1) by Bruce Coville
A New Darkness (Starblade Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Delaney
Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Delaney

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Hey guys :-)

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments Hey

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments I am also interested in
The last apprentice and a new darkness
So they might be some to think about also I love mysteries and thrillers but I am not so much into horror so maybe we could look at reading mysteries

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments I also like the idea of the ghost in the third row

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments Maybe even possess

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I really can’t before I tend to dwell on the books that I read gay books are not a good thing for me give me a good mystery

message 11: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 02, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Mehsi Hello! Aww, a shame, I was looking forward to a good horror book for this challenge. Especially since I solely picked that genre as my favourite. But I guess mystery is fine too, will just read a horror book from the list on my own then. Double challenge time.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments We could also around box on arm team member of

message 13: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Anna wrote: "We could also around box on arm team member of"

Um, what? I don't get what you are saying, sorry.

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments You’re supposed to be able to look at your partners read books and read from one of those but I’m not sure how it would work with three

message 15: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 02, 2018 10:09AM) (new)

Mehsi Um, no? Unless I understand you wrong. We are supposed to pick a book from the list that was provided by Nicole in the first comment. And it should be a new read for all of us. :)

message 16: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jun 02, 2018 10:35AM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 4549 comments There is the option to read a book your partner has read that you haven't read off of the provided list. As far as how that would work with three, you can tweak it however you need! I know it's hard with a group, but there aren't a lot of options when there's an odd number with this challenge.

And I know this group wasn't a perfect fit, but there was nobody who shared your interest in horror, Mehsi, so I thought a compromised list would at least have something each of you would like! If anyone liked a book enough to do a re-read, I will allow it for this group because I know it will be a challenge.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like more options. The main point of the challenge is fun, so it shouldn't be tedious in any way!

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I’m pretty sure it says in the beginning that we can choose to read a new book to order a book that was previously read by our partners but I have to double check what our group message board and get back to you but I could be wrong

message 18: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 02, 2018 10:41AM) (new)

Mehsi Ah, that is nice to hear. That would make it easier at points for us.

Aww, that is a shame that no one else turned up with the horror genre. :( And you found a terrific list. Horror and mystery, plus I have found some other books thanks to it that seem really interesting and I may be reading when the challenge is over.

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments OK so what do you want to ride?

message 20: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 02, 2018 11:49AM) (new)

Mehsi Anna wrote: "OK so what do you want to ride?"

I gave my list of suggestions in the third post, I would be up for any of those, but I would also like to know what you and Kayla would like to read from the list by Nicole/if you like any from my list. I know you gave one book from the list, do you have any others as I cannot find that book easily anywhere. :(

Also I will be leaving for bed in about an hour (when it is around 10pm), so if I don't reply any more that is why. :)

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Where are you guys from?

message 22: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi I am from the Netherlands. Where are you from?

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I’m from Louisiana in the US you live far away for me

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Oh nice, the US. :) Yep, we are far apart then.

Well, I am off to bed, I will check in when I am up (in about 12/13 hours).

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments I am from Australia so when you guys were talking I was sleeping

message 26: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 03, 2018 03:15AM) (new)

Mehsi I see that there wasn't much chatting while I was asleep. :P

And oh nice Australia! I guess we really lucked out in the timezones department. ;D

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Or Australia and the Netherlands closer than America is to them? What would you guys like to read? What are you guys reading right now?

message 28: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 03, 2018 06:28AM) (new)

Mehsi Actually the US is closer to me than Australia. Just checked Google to be sure. It is about 7000/8000 km to the US, and 14000 km to Australia.
I already said what I would like to read, but I am still waiting for you guys and your suggestions from the list. I saw one by you, Anna, but as I said I cannot find that one anywhere so I would like more suggestions. :) Hopefully you guys can find some great books and we can discuss what we can read, there are some great books on that list.

I am currently reading Body Games by Jessica Clare. And after that I may read a comic that I got from one of my libraries. Though I am off in a bit to go walking, so I probably won't answer until after dinner, so in about 3 hours.

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments And I will go look on the list again and see what I can fine if you don’t mind me I ask how old you are? Do you have any pets or kids?

message 30: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Thank you. Can't wait to see what you will pick. :)

Age, sorry not saying that online. Kids, no. Pets, yes.

I will check back when I get back from walking/dinner. :)

message 31: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Still photo looks like a good one

message 32: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Oh, I had spotted Still photo, it seems like an interesting book. Not sure if I can find it easily, I already noticed during my first check there are some not easily/obscure books on there.

I would also be interested in re-reading Lockwood again. It is a blend of mystery with a dash of horror. I just got to find my copy in my bookshelves. Got it there somewhere. :P

I will check back tomorrow and see if Kayla had a look at the list and picked some books from the list. Would be nice if we could pick a book soon. I am off for the evening, going to read and game and enjoy the last few hours of the weekend. :)

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I look it up on Amazon and you can buy it on Kindle or an e-book if you can figure out how to read that

message 34: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Ah Kindle has it. Nice. Will have to see the price for it on my amazon, as I already bought a few books this month, and got some others I want as well. But I am happy to at least know it is available. :)

Well, now I am really off for tonight. See you tomorrow again. \o

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Sleep well and have a good night :-) talk to you tomorrow

message 36: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments I am currently reading scythe
I don't want to say my age either but no kids but I have pets

message 37: by Kayla (last edited Jun 03, 2018 11:58PM) (new)

Kayla | 36 comments Mehsi I like the idea of most of the books you chose except for 2 of them
the scary stories one and the shillingstone witch

message 38: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments also i have read a book by grechen mcneil before and rated it 5 stars so i am interested in that one even though it is classifed as horror

message 39: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Both books I mentioned Are on Kendall

message 40: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jun 04, 2018 07:11AM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 4549 comments Hello, Kayla and Anna! Mehsi has decided to drop out of this challenge, so I have included an alternate list for you to browse, since neither of you is fond of horror. The new list can be found at the top of the thread with the challenge information, but for ease of access, I will also include it here:

•Read a book off the 2015 YA Mysteries List.

You may still read a book off the initial list, if you would like. This is just another set of options so you have a little more to choose from with a genre list you may prefer based on your preferences. Happy reading!

message 41: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Conspiracy girl

I am her revenge

Endangered

What I have found so far

message 42: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I hope I have a book Besty

message 43: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments i already had conspiracy girl on my tbr so we could read that if your interested

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I would push i find that one on Kindle I want to see which ones I can find on Kindle

message 45: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Have you read that one but I can’t find it on Kindle What box are you interested in? I will see if they are on Kindle

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments No I haven't read it

message 47: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments Are you interested in all fall down by ally carter it is like second on the list

message 48: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 36 comments It is like 10 pm here so I a going to sleep talk to you tomorrow

message 49: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments Actually read that when it was really good and well I was saying I would love to read it but I can’t find it on Kindle

message 50: by Anna (new)

Anna (annasweetrose) | 77 comments I’ve read a couple on the rest of you?

« previous 1