2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > TBR Twins, June

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Below are your TBR twins! Please reach out to your twin to pick a book to read. We would love to hear what you decided to read and what you each thought of it once you finish. If you do not hear back from your twin after a few days, please post here so that you and someone else who didn't hear can pair up.

Stefani - SpelingExpirt
Rowan

Rachel
Veronica

Brittany
Lulu

Deborah
Emily

Kate
Erin

Claire
Marelis

Auntie Terror
*Amber*

Brittany
Ashy Khaira

Amanda
Jhuma

Missy
Ramya

Jamie
Jesa Rachele

Kristina
Felicia

matilde
Bec(ks)

Milena
Mani

Subhasree
Katelaine

Katie
Harsha

Karen
Cler

Kate
Jennifer

Savannah
Amber

Nurai
Gail

Lynda
Lyfranka

Elii.
Ronnie

Vicky
Sam

Shari
Faye

Tammie
Shilpa

Ana
Fatma

Andrea
Ingrid

Mikayla
Sherry

Sharon
Kara

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

Eternally Bonkers (Shilpa) (eternally_bonkers) | 25 comments Thanks Kara😀❤️

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Sharon and I will be reading Pachinko by Min Jin Lee!

message 5: by Mani (new)

Mani (manisbookcorner) | 138 comments Milena and I will be reading The Handmaid's Tale

message 6: by Lyfranka (new)

Lyfranka | 24 comments I am paired with lynda but she doesn't respond to my message..

message 7: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Hey Lyfranka, please give it another day or two.

message 8: by Lyfranka (new)

Lyfranka | 24 comments Kara wrote: "Hey Lyfranka, please give it another day or two."
okidoki will do

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 713 comments Marelis and I are going to read Twelve Years a Slave

message 11: by Gail (new)

Gail (abbygg) | 457 comments Nurai and I will be reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Mikayla and I will read Dreamfall by Amy Plum

message 13: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 69 comments I've sent my twin a couple of messages but had no reply -- how long should I leave it?

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Vicky, we recommend that people give it a few days. If it’s been a few days since you sent your first message, then see if Lyfranka heard back from hers or wait for the next person whose twin disappeared. Thanks!

message 15: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 69 comments Kara, I sent the first message on 1st June, so it's day 5 now.

Lyfranka, our tastes don't look massively similar but want to see if we can work out something we'd both like to read?

message 16: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett sent a message to my twin hoping to hear from her

message 17: by Missy (new)

Missy | 26 comments Ramya and I will be reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine.

message 18: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Shilpa and i will be reading The Cruel Prince

message 19: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 69 comments Lafrynka and I are going to read Bird Box / De kooi by Josh Malerman

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie | 43 comments Has anyone else not heard back from their twin??
I haven't heard back from mine yet so if anyone needs a twin, let me know <3

message 21: by Phill (new)

Phill | 30 comments Kara, I thought I signed up for this - but either didn't or didn't do the right thing. If someone else needs a twin - I would love to. I read anything - historical fiction, romance, suspense, paranormal, or sci fi.
Thanks!

message 22: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Mikayla and I read Dreamfall by Amy Plum
Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1) by Amy Plum

My twin didn't really discuss it with me besides being surprised by who died first in the book. She didn't have much of an opinion.

This book is about a sleep research experiment on 7 teens (ages 13-19) and are trapped within each other's nightmare due to an earthquake that disrupted medical equipment that forces them into a medically educed coma. In the dreams, the teens don't remember the experiment and just try to survive the nightmares while Outside, the scientist doctors are trying to figure out whats wrong and why the teens aren't waking up. Death in the nightmare caused a teen to have a heart attack and die in the real world.

I guessed some of it right away as it is a typical ploy (can see in movies and such) but it is still interesting enough that I enjoyed it. It is a quick and easy read. I am looking forward to book#2. I recommend this book!~

message 23: by Karen (new)

Karen Siddall (boysmom) | 212 comments My TBR Twin was a no-show this month.

message 24: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Sharon and I both gave Pachinko five stars. Although we found some of the characters’ stories more compelling than others’, on the whole, the book was really engaging, epic in its science and even educational.

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (bookwormsharon) | 23 comments I really enjoyed Pachinko. It's an expansive novel, covering multiple generations of one family, but the highlight for me were the journeys of the women. Like Kara said, it's educational. Before reading it, I didn't know about the historical and ongoing struggles of Koreans in Japan (Zainichi people) and those who came to America from Japan. I highly recommend this novel!

By the way, food is a recurring motif in the novel as it is significant to their culture and livelihood, so all the talk about Korean food led to me ordering a ton of kimchi fries while reading this. Warning: you will get hungry!