CUCC Reads discussion

Climate Church, Climate World: How People of Faith Must Work for Change
This topic is about Climate Church, Climate World
Climate Church - Week 1 > Week 1 - Question 2

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane EGS | 32 comments Mod
Antal writes, “We must allow ourselves to be increasingly vulnerable as we take in the pain, suffering, and destruction of our breathtakingly wild and beautiful home.” (Chapter 2, How do we remain faithful? p.34)

Recall a time when you allowed your congregation to know that your heart was breaking, reflecting on which responses were helpful, and which unhelpful. What moved you from holding your heartbreak close, to allowing the congregation to carry the load with you? How would you like your congregation to accompany you in your heart break?

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane EGS | 32 comments Mod
I don't do this much, but I do wonder what it would be like if this is the way we lived our lives together. I've never had a bad experience, but I'm an introvert so I'm not inclined to share much. Maybe I wonder what it would be like to live more interconnectedly because then I'd have a clearer idea of what others need and would know how to help?

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary Smith | 10 comments I remember offering a small prayer at church shortly after I learned that the elevated atmospheric CO2 was not only increasing sea levels, it was decreasing the ocean pH. This is a big deal. Much of our food chain begins in the sea, and this lower pH is endangering the plants and animals at the bottom of the chain, and, in turn endangering the entire chain.
During the prayer I mentioned having just learned this and that it may have a big impact on those with few food resources. It was difficult to remain composed during the prayer, and it reminded of the importance of the work we need to do to decrease atmospheric CO2 and its impact on those with few resources.