Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > June Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2027 comments Mod
Decided to listen to a non-romance audio? Well share with us what has caught your interest.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

I'm still listening to In Cold Blood by Truman Capote In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

I'm a bit behind but I couldn't listen to it to late. I hope to finish it this weekend.

message 3: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Starting this one by David Sedaris today:

Calypso
Calypso by David Sedaris

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4712 comments Mod
I finished listening to All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood, a truly disturbing, provocative but remarkable story. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie.
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie, a truly interesting psychological mystery. Here’s my review.
The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie

message 6: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 158 comments Listening to SILENT SCREAM by Angela Marsons for the second or third time. I can remember.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson.
All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson

message 8: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Just finished Dennis E. Taylor's:

The Singularity Trap
The Singularity Trap by Dennis E. Taylor

Loved it! Listened in one uninterrupted stream.

It's not heavy handed with technical jargon,
explores humanity through sci-fi.

Anyone who enjoyed his "We Are Bob" books will love this one too.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson, a compelling psychological thriller with some disturbing themes. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Fallen by David Baldacci, Amos Decker #4.
All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4) by David Baldacci

message 10: by L J (last edited Jun 16, 2018 09:04AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Laurie Cass Bookmobile Cat #4 Pouncing on Murder, #5 Cat With a Clue, #6 Wrong Side of the Paw. As usual Minnie gets into bad situations but is pretty good at getting out of them. If she listened to Eddie cat she could avoid some situations and solve mysteries faster. In #6 Wrong Side the story arc romances are resolved. Bookmobile is well established though library situations are still complicated. Minnie seems ready to acknowledge Eddie's abilities but will probably reason herself away from it again. According to her facebook https://www.facebook.com/bookmobilecat author is working on another Bookmobile Cat mystery so, in spite of completed story arcs #6 was not last book in series. I'm good with that. Edit to add facebook info.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Fallen by David Baldacci, Amos Decker #4, and was pleased to see this character evolve in unanticipated ways. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Tin Man by Sarah Winman.
The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4) by David Baldacci Tin Man by Sarah Winman

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Tin Man by Sarah Winman, a story that will stay with me for a long time. Here’s my review.
Tin Man by Sarah Winman

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Body Double by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #4.
Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) by Tess Gerritsen

message 14: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Finished Calypso by David Sedaris.
A GREAT listen!

His last couple of books maybe missed the mark,
but for me, he's back on track with this one.

His bit about the most creative insults from around the world was perfect. I had to pause the audio so I could take a moment to laugh and appreciate the poetic profanity.

Calypso by David Sedaris
Calypso

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Body Double by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #4, and it’s my favorite to date. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Too Close to Breathe by Olivia Kiernan, Frankie Sheehan #1.
Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) by Tess Gerritsen Too Close to Breathe (Frankie Sheehan #1) by Olivia Kiernan

message 16: by L J (last edited Jun 24, 2018 01:44PM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Too many tbr I'm unlikely to read. Cleaning up all genres author by author. Trying audio when available. Deleted some. Some moved to dnf. Made shelf for series where I liked the first books but don't care for later ones. Some series books were too much the same or too much of the book was spent telling what happened in previous books. Others took unforeshadowed turn I didn't like. Too many to list. I disabled my book info in feed. No one wants to see a list of all the books I decided not to read or not to read again.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Too Close to Breathe by Olivia Kiernan, Frankie Sheehan #1, a solid British police procedural. Here’s my review.

I finished listening to Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent in one day and oh, how I wish I’d done a buddy read with this one. Dying to discuss. Here’s my review.
Too Close to Breathe (Frankie Sheehan #1) by Olivia Kiernan Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent

message 18: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Listening to the audio of Meow If It's Murder by T.C. LoTempio. The narration by Rebecca Gibel is good. The victim defines tstl not sure about the other characters. It's a first book in series so I expect information dumps but... oh, well I'll give it a chance. If I were reading I'd already be skimming.

message 19: by Samantha (new)

I have been listening to UNSUB UNSUB (UNSUB, #1) by Meg Gardiner

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha wrote: "I have been listening to UNSUBUNSUB (UNSUB, #1) by Meg Gardiner"

Ooh! On my list for August.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Oh great!

message 22: by Samantha (new)

I saw that book 2 was out. I have to put it on my list for later this year.

message 23: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Meow If It's Murder by T.C. LoTempio. While narration by Rebecca Gibel is good I think I would have been better off reading on kindle because of the number of characters. Would have been better if I could easily go back and re-read information. Author quit writing these and started another series without finishing this one so I am debating whether to go on to next two.

message 24: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Jul 01, 2018 11:58AM) (new)

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 812 comments Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben Don't Let Go great story

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben Don't Let Go great story"

I enjoyed that one, too. He’s one of my auto-listen authors.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

I like his books. I haven't read this one.

message 27: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished Educated: A Memoir Educated A Memoir by Tara Westover by Tara Westover today and really enjoyed it. The story was fascinating, and the narration by Julia Whelan was excellent. One of my favorites this year.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.